Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: Apsis splashguards ? anyone have and installed them ?

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
I've been on the prowl for a full set of usable splash-guards and "Apsis" company seem to be the best on the market that would be acceptable for me. Has anyone else bought and installed them ? Their pricey at $400.00 a full set, but they seem to be very well designed and come with full instructions and the plus is you don't have to drill holes with them. The fronts use existing hardware only longer screws and the rears are doubleface tape. I assume that works fine. Anybody have any ideas? Thank you ! :w

You know, I have been struggling with the same issue since last year. After looking at all of the available products, the Apsis look the best to me, most natural lines and look like the factory C6 Z06 type. Of course the price is ridiculous...the only thing stopping me from going with them. I keep searching the other forum used parts section almost every day for a set, but to no avail. Let me know if you buy them and like them. By the way, I have seen pics of a few sets installed, never with the rubber gasket though...still conflicted.

Custom splashguards ?

You know, I have been struggling with the same issue since last year. After looking at all of the available products, the Apsis look the best to me, most natural lines and look like the factory C6 Z06 type. Of course the price is ridiculous...the only thing stopping me from going with them. I keep searching the other forum used parts section almost every day for a set, but to no avail. Let me know if you buy them and like them. By the way, I have seen pics of a few sets installed, never with the rubber gasket though...still conflicted.

Well I kept thinking about it and I decided to just go for it. The Apsis looks as close to the C6 ZO6 as possible. Once I get them and mounted I'll post how it all went. If you look at the Apsis website, and open the C5 Corvette section and scroll down, the last photo's that is exactly my car and what I'm looking for. I like them in plain black/gray matte finish, but you can paint them ? I'll have to get back to you on the finished product and provide pic's :w

Cool, OK, great, yes let me know. I am really interested in how you like them and how they mount up...your good experience may just push me over the edge also. :cool!:

Apsis Splashguards !

Cool, OK, great, yes let me know. I am really interested in how you like them and how they mount up...your good experience may just push me over the edge also. :cool!:

Well the price I quoted in this thread was wrong, and I changed it, But they are a very "In Demand" Item. I called Apsis and the man ( Jersey) who answered my call was very helpful. Apsis makes 2 types of splash-guards. the 'Hollow' and the solid. The solid is the one they plan on replacing the hollow type with. The solid needs a rubber gasket to be installed and a set of the new ones Per-Axel is $222.50 .

Now in the process of phasing out the old style so many people have ordered the hollow model that they are going to restart making them. (If you go to Apsis.com and click on the Corvette section and click on splash-guards, and scroll down to the last two photographs, you'll see my car exactly but with the Apsis splash-guards installed and that is the old style.

OK, now lets look at the whole Apsis splash-guards and what there is in the 'Issues' department. In the past, the hollow splash-guards on some ZO6 and the ZR-1 had the problem of scuffing the paint where they meet at the fender line. BUT, Apsis had gone back and re-engineered the hollow type and even at that, the regular C-5's never had this problem so if you have a plain 1997 to 2004 C5 these splash-guards won't affect you at all.

So I ordered a set of the old "hollow style" but "Jersey" only had a rear set, so he shipped them to me and I'm waiting for the next supply to come in so I can get my frond set. He said demand for these splash-guards was so high he can't keep any in stock ? After looking at all kinds of splash-guards, I decided that Apsis was no doubt the best there is splash-guards are without the best , most stylish on the market. So I'll have to get back to you on the installing them, once they get here. This is a really well run company and they have excellent customer service people there as well ! :w

Well the price I quoted and I changed it, But they are a very "In Demand" Item. I called to Apsis and the man ( Jersey)who answered my call was very helpful. Apsis makes 2 types of splash-guards. the 'Hollow' and the solid. The solid is the one they plan on replacing the hollow type with. The solid needs a rubber gasket to be installed and a set of the new ones Per-Axel is $222.50 .

Now in the process of phasing out the old style so many people have ordered the hollow model that they are going to restart making them. (If you go to Apsis.com and click on the Corvette section and click on splash-guards, and scroll down to the last two photographs, you'll see my car exactly but with the Apsis splash-guards installed and that is the old style.

OK, now lets look at the whole Apsis splash-guards and what there is in the 'Issues' department. In the past, the hollow splash-guards on some ZO6 and the ZR-1 had the problem of scuffing the paint where they meet at the fender line. BUT, Apsis had gone back and re-engineered the hollow type and even at that, the regular C-5's never had this problem so if you have a plain 1997 to 2004 C5 these splash-guards won't affect you at all.

So I ordered a set of the old "hollow style" but "Jersey" only had a rear set, so he shipped them to me and I'm waiting for the next supply to come in so I can get my frond set. He said demand for these splash-guards was so high he can't keep any in stock ? After looking at all kinds of splash-guards, I decided that Apsis was no doubt the their splash-guards are without the best , most stylish on the market. So I'll have to get back to you on the installing them, once they get here. This is a really well run company and they have excellent customer service people there as well ! :w

Be very careful with Apsis. I unfortunatley have numerous products from them and they have all had defects, serious imperfections on the items that weren't defective, and some were just plain the wrong item. Jersey has refused to take care of the problem and has literally screamed at me over the phone to never call him back. I am now stuck with his damaged, poor quality, and incorrect products with no recourse but to sue. Not exactly great customer service or quality of product in my opinion. I wouldn't recommend Apsis to my worst enemy. Hope your transaction goes better, but don't be suprised if it doesn't. ;)

My husband JUST ordered the front splash guards from this company yesterday!! We saw them on two ZO6's that attended Corvette Mike's "Blessing of the Vettes" on Saturday and decided to go that route (with rubber gasket) for Alan's 2008 ZO6. The other two guys had no problem with the company or the product. Let's hope that's the same with us.

Will let everyone know how it goes.

Elaine

Oh Yeah, knock on wood that there isn't a problem.

My husband JUST ordered the front splash guards from this company yesterday!! We saw them on two ZO6's that attended Corvette Mike's "Blessing of the Vettes" on Saturday and decided to go that route (with rubber gasket) for Alan's 2008 ZO6. The other two guys had no problem with the company or the product. Let's hope that's the same with us.

Will let everyone know how it goes.

Elaine

Yeah I hope so, (knock on wood) but the folks out at County Corvette said they are often parked next to Apsis at Corvettes at Carlisle and have dealt with them many time without any problems. We will see ! :w

HPIM1771.jpg
HPIM1767.jpg

I bought mine from GM. Less than $200 for both front and rear.

Here is the GM part # and discription for a 2003 C5:

19213384 Splash Guards, Contour, Small w/o Logo Front or Rear Set, Black w/o Logo

I just did a search on that GM part number and it came up as a set for an AVEO or generic preformed splash guards. I am not aware of any GM custom fit splash guard for a C5 that looks like the C6 splash guards on the Z06.

We received ours (for the 08 ZO6) yesterday. They'll be put on this coming week.

Elaine

Maybe I'm missing something, but where does it state it fits a 1997 to 2004 C5 Corvette ?

Look at the center picture, above the Part # - Discription Header, you will see that I selected a "Corvette - 2003". You can select any year you want, I just selected a 2003 just to make it a C5.

Here's the link, look under Accessories.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

Finding GM splashguards !

Look at the center picture, above the Part # - Discription Header, you will see that I selected a "Corvette - 2003". You can select any year you want, I just selected a 2003 just to make it a C5.

Here's the link, look under Accessories.

GM Parts Direct: Your direct source for Genuine GM Parts

Yes sir, Now I see it. I picked my year of Corvette, I have a 2003 and it says the splash-guards are $16.95 I think, but it doesn't show the part, so I'm not sure I'd want to order a set and them being those tiny fender extensions. The front and rear set that Apsis sells is custom tailored for the 1997 - 2004 and they use double face tape and the existing fasteners except for the bottom of the rear guards and supply a set of small #8 sheet metal screws and you only need to drill one hole on each side.

I have not seen these splash guards on a C5, but have seen them on the front of several C6's, including two Z06's. They look great. Ours are being installed on Wednesday, along with all the other "bling" things that we have bought for it. :happyanim:

Elaine

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom