Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Are my old 76 parts worth much?

Corvette
76 Coupe
Have the original 76 radio and amplifier, some tailights, clutch and brake pedal assembly, quadrajet carb, ram horn exhaust manifolds, tailight mounting brackets, and a few other parts. Does this stuff have much value. Of course I would like to sell it all for a respectable sum. Should I sell it here on this forum or e-bay? What do you realistically think the value of these items is?;shrug

sometimes it pays not to sell

Have the original 76 radio and amplifier, some tailights, clutch and brake pedal assembly, quadrajet carb, ram horn exhaust manifolds, tailight mounting brackets, and a few other parts. Does this stuff have much value. Of course I would like to sell it all for a respectable sum. Should I sell it here on this forum or e-bay? What do you realistically think the value of these items is?;shrug
hi i know just now you probably think you will never sell your vette, but down the track , that will change and if you,ever sell, the prospective buyer one of the first questions asked, will be ,do you still have the original radio, then that may be the differents to selling it, me personally thats approx $300 of its price, regards. wayne.

out of work since November, need to buy groceries. car will probably be up for grabs later and it is nowhere near stock now

out of work since November, need to buy groceries. car will probably be up for grabs later and it is nowhere near stock now

Sell the parts with the car. For some of us who are interested in originality, having those hard to find pieces is priceless. To bad you have to sell the Vette. Must be very dissappointing. Good luck to you.

The radio and the Qjet are the only things that might bring more than a couple of dollars. That is of course if you can find someone who wants them for a NCRS type restoration. I would advertise them on this forum and see what they bring. It is better to eat than to save parts for the next purchaser.

Anytime i sell something i always regret it a couple of years later.I'd give anything to have my first guitar back that i sold for $75.00.

Craigs List or eBay.
I for one could care less about originality at this point, at least with regards to my car. If I ever sell my car, whomever buys it is going to be buying it for what it is now, not what it was when it left the factory (which was a boring dog). And I'm not going to haggle with someone over not having the OEM radio, which also wasn't worth squat.

Sell the parts, get some cash, keep the car.

I look at this way... right now, they are worth $0.00 to you sitting in your garage doing nothing. If you sell them for $10, then it's $10 you didn't have before. Otherwise, you'll sit on 'em forever. And since they are corvette parts you'd be selling, you'll at least have a piece of mind that you are helping someone else, likely another Corvette owner, so it's still keeping 'em in the family. :cool

Sell whatever you need to, but not the car. You will probably regret it.

I would never sell my C5 because id probably just buy another expensive car with the money. In your case, i suppose if you sold the car, it might just go towards buying another C3 somewhere down the line, because its guaranteed that you will miss it when its gone.

These situations are definately tough, but if it was me i think id sell the oven and use the microwave until things got better. ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom