Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

B&B owners step in!!!!

BLACKTALON

Corvette
1994 ADMARIAL BLUE Z-51 COUPE
Anybody got the b&b 3" system? What can i expect from the system? any details. A sound clip at idle/a lil rev would be great.I looking for that deep dark sound. Looked at the corsa but dont like the looks of them. The B&B tips are awsome. Gonna run LT and highflows later with the B&B.:w

Go to www.youtube.com and search for B&B. I am sure you will find a few video clips there.

Selim

I've got B&B 3" on my 1996 LT4. The system looks good and sounds good. It was a little challenging to get on, but I guess that there are issues with '96's. The bad news is that the resonator cracked after about 2 years. I didn't have the time to mess with trying to get a replacement so just had straight pipes welded in place of it. Its one hell of a lot louder now. This is fun for just running around town, but on longer trips, I wear ear plugs. I'll eventually get another resonator.

I had a set of 3" B&B's on my 92'vert . They were an early system and I had lots of resonance at cruise speeds around 55-60. Once I got to 70, the resonance went away. The worst RPM range for the resonance was about 1200-1500 RPM. The one thing that did help was running in 3rd (it was an A4 car) at speeds under 50 in town.

What was interesting was that with the factory hardtop on, the resonance went away. :confused

Other than that, the sound was great and definitely a deeper sound than other systems. Expect about a 10HP gain and 15-18 ft-lbs more torque.

B&B makes a 2 3/4" system with a re-designed resonator that is supposed to pretty much eliminate the resonance. If you don't have a specific need for the 3" diameter pipe, I would recommend the smaller pipe. B&B also has an X-pipe that you can substitute for the resonator when you order the system. If you want it later, it's about $300 :eek

Installing my system required me to cut one of the rear pipes, but it was one of the early systems. The metal is very thick and everything is polished!!

I have the 3" system on my '96 LT4. The resonance from 1500 to 2000 RPM is fairly annoying. The solution of course is to keep it over 2 grand! :) The sound is great! Sorry, I don't have any sound clips for ya.

Never had the car on a dyno, but the seat-o-the-pants dyno says it pulls stronger and longer, particulary in the higher RPMs.

Compaired to the force system from flowmaster/the borla system which will give the best sound? and the most ponies.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom