Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Back to the shop for classic Corvette

Rob

Site Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Corvette
1990 Corvette ZR-1
Back to the shop for classic Corvette

by St. Joseph News-Press
Friday, April 17, 2009

attachment.php

Rob Schmidt/St. Joe Now
A training officer with the St. Joseph Fire Department was involved in a collision Thursday that damaged his classic 1977 Chevrolet Corvette.

St. Joseph, Missouri - It was a near-perfect day for the Corvette owner until he started down a Lafayette Street hill Thursday and things suddenly went boom.

An off-duty training officer with the St. Joseph Fire Department, Dennis Neylon, 54, was transported to Heartland Regional Medical Center with what police officers described as non-life-threatening injuries.

“He’d just gotten that car out of the shop,” said Sgt. Kevin Cummings, an officer with the St. Joseph Police Department.

Mr. Neylon drove his classic 1977 Chevrolet Corvette west on Lafayette Street through the intersection with 12th Street, said Chris McBane, a police traffic accident investigator. The Corvette was broadsided by a 1991 Pontiac Grand Am traveling south on 12th Street about 2:45 p.m., Mr. McBane said.

The Pontiac driver, Steven Stains, 32, allegedly failed to stop at the sign. The force of the impact caused the Pontiac to travel south on Lafayette Street, pushing aside a fence post and careening across the front yard of 1117 Lafayette St. before slamming into a Chinese Elm tree and another fence in front of 1115 Lafayette St.

“If it wasn’t for the tree, it would have been in our house,” said Maria Rubio, who frantically searched for her 4-year-old nephew when she heard the collision. The nephew was in another room.

Mr. Stains received citations for failure to have a driver’s license and failure to stop at a sign, said Mr. McBane.

5 minutes alone with the guy in a room with a baseball bat
As nice as that would be, the vette is still f'ed up. Would the other driver's Insurance Co. foot the bill for damages and repairs?

As nice as that would be, the vette is still f'ed up. Would the other driver's Insurance Co. foot the bill for damages and repairs?

Repairs? That car is done! :eyerole

The other insurance will probably give him about $5K and total it. That sucks. I agree w/ the ball bat.

That guy should hire an independent adjuster.

I did, it brought my '69 back from far, far worse damage than that.

I am just glad the driver was OK. Hopefully the other driver simply didn't have his license on him, and the insurance treated him fair.

Damn... :cry

-Mac

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom