Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Backup lights

Corvette
1999-Light Pewter Metalic
I little info from anybody out there. PLEASE.
I do not have working backup lights. The lights flash when the car locks but not while in reverse. I crawled underneath and looked for a plug but didn't find one. Does anyone have an idea on whats going on? ;shrug ;shrug

6 speed or auto? If its a 6 speed the switch is on the passenger side of the transmission. Mine went out this winter I think it is a $25 part.

Tom

25 from a dealer cheaper if ordered from a seperate distributer/company

backup lights

Thanks for the links-- downloaded the picture and a trip underneath is in order. I don't have a warranty and the car has less than 7000 on it. I'm going to check and see if it is unplugged and if not I'll spring for the switch. Thanks again. :BOW

Crawled underneath- unplugged switch and plugged back in. nada--ordered switch from gmparts.com=14.95 w shipping included. Now its between UPS and me

Got back into town last week-the swtitch had arrived. Backup lights are now working. Life is good. Thanks

we had our switch done at the dealer for a wooping 97.--, that was a rip off but the old guy wouldn't listen to me

Same issue with my 2000 vette

Does anybody know where the switch is located on the 2000 vette 6 speed tranny? Do I have to remove anything to get to it or is it an easy replace?

Thanks Bob..

The hard part is getting underneath it. Take a cresant wrench- unplug the old, take the old one out, put the new one in, plug it in. TADA your done.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom