Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

BarrY Grant 4 Corner Idle Question.."Mighty Demon"...

If I remember correctly, the 2300's that I have use the full vacuum port for the distributor.

Will check just for the heck of it.

Yup, John's got a good idea with the AC. I installed a VA kit on the bb on a Saturday morning. Took me a week to get the correctly sized belt, but I digress.

Time for me to spend YOUR money :rotfl

That's correct - it was done for reduced emissions, and resulted in customer complaints about overheating; Chevrolet then issued a TSB instructing the dealers to connect the vacuum advance line to full manifold vacuum on all BB applications that used "ported" vacuum as-built.

As I pointed out in my "Timing 101" paper, almost nobody these days understands the concepts and reasons for distributor centrifugal and vacuum advance; BG techs suggesting going back to "ported" vacuum to cure their carb's limited calibration range just adds them to that list. :eyerole

it was done for reduced emissions, and resulted in customer complaints about overheating;

What's fuuny here is that the BG tech told me that where I have my Vacuum connected now.. (Full Manifold Vacuum) would cause Overheating do too..to much advance.

When I tried to explain that he was wrong he changed the subject.:D

When I tried to explain that he was wrong he changed the subject.:D

probably wasn't used to talking to someone that knows more than he does andwhen when he realized he was decided it was best to change the subject, move on, and cut his losses..... ;LOL

probably wasn't used to talking to someone that knows more than he does andwhen when he realized he was decided it was best to change the subject, move on, and cut his losses..... ;LOL

I should have refered him to your web site with the artical on Vacuum Advance and cooling... :D

funny!
but than again, telling you to go to ported vacuum he probably could use the education..... :D

funny!
but than again, telling you to go to ported vacuum he probably could use the education..... :D

Yeah... Maybe you should email him a copy of that artical... This way he won't know it's from me.:D

John -- To what port/device did Chevrolet instruct the dealers to connect the vacuum advance line to in order to get manifold vacuum on a 427 ported engine.

To tee into the A.I.R. diverter valve signal hose on A.I.R. cars, or into the choke pull-off diaphragm hose on non-A.I.R. cars; both are full manifold vacuum.

The distributor vacuum source port on center 2300's on tri-power cars is "ported" vacuum.

you really care if he knows it's from you? with info like he supplies how much more you planning on calling him... ;LOL

Well.. I might be having some Heart Surgery in a few weeks and it would be nice to get some advice on what type of Heart Lung Machine to use..and at what vacuum the intake to the Heart should be Vs the pressure on the exhaust side.

.....You Know....Timed/Ported...Vs...Full Suck...:D :rotfl

The Above is a Joke....Me is Heart is cool...

To tee into the A.I.R. diverter valve signal hose on A.I.R. cars, or into the choke pull-off diaphragm hose on non-A.I.R. cars; both are full manifold vacuum.

The distributor vacuum source port on center 2300's on tri-power cars is "ported" vacuum.

JohnZ -- as always -- thanks for the response

full suck??!! if you are having surgery would that require the services of the Head Nurse?................... :L :L :L

Oh Yeah.... Bring on The Head Nurse....:L

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom