Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

battery blue's

JOLEB

Corvette
1964--2007
;shrug ok so how many C6 owner's are having the dead battery issue after

letting her sit for a period of time? car was taken to the nearest chevy dealer

because i DID NOT purchase it there.. (sit down while you read this, don't

want to be responsible for anyone busting a gut laughing) they told me

the key F.O.B. needed to be 75 FEET away from the car.

Good thing my C6 is a daily driver. 75 feet is an awful long way.
When I'm on the road in my CTS, my FOB is only about 25-30 feet from the car and has 2 walls, a work bench and a couple of cabinets between them. The longest it's sat has been 12 days and it hasn't caused me any problems.

I suppose we could just take the battery out of the FOB!

One of the Salesmen at the dealership where I purchased my C6 at told me that the car should be driven weekly to charge the battery because the computer in the car is always on or running. I have no idea if he was feeding me a line or if it is the truth, but mine hasn't sat for more then a week without being driven. I will be storing it within the next month or so for winter, but I will be disconnecting the battery.

One of the Salesmen at the dealership where I purchased my C6 at told me that the car should be driven weekly to charge the battery because the computer in the car is always on or running. I have no idea if he was feeding me a line or if it is the truth, but mine hasn't sat for more then a week without being driven. I will be storing it within the next month or so for winter, but I will be disconnecting the battery.

IMHO the salesman was feeding you a line. If you think about it, these cars sat for some time before we got them, unless you ordered your car.
They sat in a holding yard at the factory, then at another yard at a distribution point, then they were trucked to the dealer where they sat some more.

My C6 has sat for 10-12 days recently and started right up.

I agree though, you should drive your vette at least once a week. Just for the fun factor!!! :cool

HI there,
Well, you do not tell us what YEAR you have, so theory is all there is.
If you had a 2005, then there is a revised PCM program for battery drain.
If you have an 06-08, then the power loss is about 22 milliamps. That will give you about 3 weeks storage time before the battery drains out.
Allthebest, c4c5

I've let the Wife's set for more that a month and it started with no problems.

I try to drive her's at least once per month, but I have ran past a month.

Mine is a daily driver, so there is no problems there either.

Hecox

IMHO the salesman was feeding you a line. If you think about it, these cars sat for some time before we got them, unless you ordered your car.
They sat in a holding yard at the factory, then at another yard at a distribution point, then they were trucked to the dealer where they sat some more.

My C6 has sat for 10-12 days recently and started right up.

I agree though, you should drive your vette at least once a week. Just for the fun factor!!! :cool

It's not a line.
With the key off, there is always a draw due to certain vehicle electronics which run all the time.
In fact, the current Owner Manual states specifically that if you leave the vehicle inoperative for a month or longer you should either disconnect the battery or use a "smart" trickle charger.

The Auto Meter "Battery Extender" is reviewed here on CAC.
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/41/cat/30

I do agree w/ what most of you have said.. we get ours out at least 1 time a week...
and haven't had a problem since they replaced the battery. have decided that ii will be disconnecting the battery for winter...will learn how to post a pic of my 2 cars Atomic Orange on the 07 and daytona blue on the 64..

BATTERY TENDER

Buy yourself a battery tender,30-60 bucks,and hook it up and you can leave the car for a month or 3 if you want.Now,as to why yours went dead,who knows,but check the battery to see if it's got any life left.If it's an 07 and fairly young,it should be warrantied anyway.I think it's www.batterytender.com

The dealer who replaced my battery told me that their was a defect in one of the cells. Is this true or just some bull Sh-t the dealer is telling me? I had to replace my battery twice after letting my Vette sit for a week. When I attempted to recharge the battery it would not even hold a charge! :mad:mad:mad

Bottom line on non daily drivers is use a battery buddy. Saves a lot of headaches.

;shrug ok so how many C6 owner's are having the dead battery issue after

letting her sit for a period of time? car was taken to the nearest chevy dealer

because i DID NOT purchase it there.. (sit down while you read this, don't

want to be responsible for anyone busting a gut laughing) they told me

the key F.O.B. needed to be 75 FEET away from the car.

And these guys get paid pretty darn good money for making "DUMB" statements like that!!!! GO FIGURE!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom