Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Battery drained - Locked out!

JJS

Proud to Support the Corvette Action Center!
Corvette
2013 Triple Black GS, Previous cars: 1971 LT-1
Well it finally happened - my battery went dead from lack of use and I can't get into the car. I unlocked the trunk and pulled on the cord that opens the door but the door only opens partially (same as if it didn't close all the way when shutting the door) and will not completely open - you can also see that the lock is still in the down position.

Is this a 2-person job where one holds the cord tight while someone else opens the door? This really sucks!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-JS

I just tried mine, it does only open part way. But you can stand on the side of the car and reach the cord and the door.

HA! Thanks man, greatly appreciated!

Only on this forum would you get that kind of extra effort.

I really appreciate it and I'll give it a shot this weekend. I'm working really long days until Easter.

Thank you again C6 CRZN!

I got locked in last fall and I forgot about the door release .I sat there like an idiot for a half hour before I was able to exit .:eyerole A few more screw ups and they will institutionalize me .

I'm not looking forward to charging the battery - looks like a couple of covers have to be removed and I don't even know where my tools are - I just recently relocated to the west coast and my tools are in one of the (many) boxes the shippers threw them in. They're labeled "basement, garage, etc" but I wasn't able to find them in the basement boxes where they should have been.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom