Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Battery Light & Warning buzzer

K

klgray

Hi All

I've had a new issue come up. My battery light comes on and stays on (though it dims somewhat). Replaced the battery and checked the output from the alternator (> 13v). A warning buzzer sounds as the car goes through 1500 rpm - sounds like it comes from the center console where the battery light is.

I recently put new speakers in - possibly too much load on the new wiring or something?

Any help would be appreciated.

I had a dim batery light all the time and a faint intermitent buzz from the console area. Found bad diodes in the alternater. Reaplaced and all is well. The buzz was coming from the choke relay. Hope this helps

Another thought ;)

Check the connector at the altenator.. the wiring on our cars are rather old, in car years :chuckle AND the connector sometimes has a bad wire connection in the plug to the Alternator..

How do I know this :chuckle cross country trip in 2002 from California to Bowling Green... 3:00 a.m. in Evanston, WY battery light / warning light ;)

I unplugged the connector and the battery and warning light went off. I slept in the car until NAPA opened, changed alternators then found the wires to the connector very brittle broke and not making good continuity..

Bud

It was the Altenator

Thanks for helping me out guys - I checked / cross-checked all the wiring, battery harness, etc and couldn't find anything.

Broke down and bought the a new altenator - fixed it right away.

Thanks again!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom