Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Be Cool: Common Pitfalls For The C5 Owner, And how To Avoid Them

I just have one question. How did Patrick become the judge of what is cool and what is not? I have met the man, and I am just baffled... :confused

Simple... no comb-over. :D

-Patrick

Corvette Coolness Rehab Center

Patrick,

As promised I checked into a "Cool Clinic" to start my rehab. Here's
a picture of me after just 72 hours of work. What do you think?

Remo:cool
isp0800610.jpg

Patrick,

As promised I checked into a "Cool Clinic" to start my rehab. Here's
a picture of me after just 72 hours of work. What do you think?

isp0800610.jpg

Excellent progress, Remo! Not only are the very picture of cool, but you look about 60 years younger than you did at CruiseFest last year. That's impressive!
:upthumbs

(Just remember, you can't officially wear white until after Memorial Day.)

:w

-Patrick

I feel SO COOL. Yesterday driving back from Vegas, we got the NHP "U-turn pull over" (81 in a 70 zone). Coolness prevailed, a 20-minute conversation about guitars and amps ensued culminating in a "non-moving rural highway" ticket. No insurance notification, just $57 towards the next ball.

And I'm not EVEN asking how a speeding ticket can be a non-moving violation. wink...grin

I just have one question. How did Patrick become the judge of what is cool and what is not? I have met the man, and I am just baffled... :confused

He shoots... he scores!!! :boogie

Ooohh... ah... sorry Patrick.

I meant to say now Jim, that wasn't nice.

;)

JAG

I feel SO COOL. Yesterday driving back from Vegas, we got the NHP "U-turn pull over" (81 in a 70 zone). Coolness prevailed, a 20-minute conversation about guitars and amps ensued culminating in a "non-moving rural highway" ticket. No insurance notification, just $57 towards the next ball.

And I'm not EVEN asking how a speeding ticket can be a non-moving violation. wink...grin

Dang! You MUST be cool to have gotten out of that. I've never figured out the knack of striking up conversation with the LEO before they march off to write up the ticket :L

Remo, you are so cool, you're HOT! :naughty:

He shoots... he scores!!! :boogie

Ooohh... ah... sorry Patrick.

I meant to say now Jim, that wasn't nice.

;)

I sense my Coolness credentials are being questioned. ;squint:

Allow me to point out just how useful my "Be Cool" editorial has proven itself: Pinky's story about her NSP encounter proves the effectiveness of my coolness cogitations. And just look at the visual proof of how this has helped Remo. Could an anti-Cool person have written such useful advice? I think not.

Now, Jim, I think we need discuss how much you still covet that leather Z06 jacket I bought at the NCM last June. You remember it: the one I caught you wearing when I returned to my Simon chair for the CruiseFest Idol competition? Clearly, Jim, you are experiencing jacket envy, and it's manifesting itself in an attempt to besmerch my coolness cred. :chuckle

That's okay- you're still a cool guy in my book. We just need to help you get beyond this wardrobe jealousy. I'll consult with Remo, and devise a treatment for you.
:D

-Patrick

Drth VTR's "Coolness" Make Over

We just need to help you get beyond this wardrobe jealousy. I'll consult with Remo, and devise a treatment for you.
:D

-Patrick

Now here's a smart look for the cool urban pharmacist. Imagine how impressed Jims' clients will be when they see him derssed like this. The white lab coat can be worn both behind the counter as well as behind the wheel of the Z06. And how about that Kennedy style "just got off the yacht" hair cut. Very cool. Patrick - I think this might be a good start.

56362855.jpg

Now here's a smart look for the cool urban pharmacist. Imagine how impressed Jims' clients will be when they see him derssed like this. The white lab coat can be worn both behind the counter as well as behind the wheel of the Z06. And how about that Kennedy style "just got off the yacht" hair cut. Very cool. Patrick - I think this might be a good start.

56362855.jpg

I own some jackets just like that. However, the haircut is a real problem. It requires that the wearer actually has some hair! Perhaps I can craft the perfect combover!

Since it was around 80 degrees this afternoon, I drove home with the top down (I believe it is a contractual obligation, I'll have to check the papers I signed when I bought the car).

Boy does THAT ever pi$$ off the soccer moms in their SUVs! :upthumbs

:w :Steer

Released From the Cool Clinic

"I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Patrick
for helping me be as cool as I could be. And a
special thanks to DRTH VTR for his medical advise
throughout my treatments."

u14472463.jpg

"I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Patrick
for helping me be as cool as I could be. And a
special thanks to DRTH VTR for his medical advise
throughout my treatments."

u14472463.jpg
Yes I'll second that Remo, they both are very helpful.;)

Whew that wore me out for sure! Lot of read'n and the sad thing is I read it; or at least most of it ;LOL

Bill :beer

Patrick:

Very enjoyable read and a lot of truth to the individual scenarios.:L

rp427

Part V:
Home Again.
Your long day of happy motoring is over. You’ve succeeded in overcoming all challenges to your cool, and as a result, your Coolness Quotient is at an all time high. Well done.

Now it’s time to put the Corvette away for the night. You park the Corvette in the garage, remembering to back it in so it is in launch position, ready for the next ride. You exit the car remembering to move both your feet out first, turning sideways in your seat and standing up out of the car. And just before you turn to go into the house, you push the lock button on your key fob, and the Corvette winks at you.

A perfect day- the first one of the new Corvette season. Thanks to the pointers offered here, we hoped we’ve help to jog your recall about the relationship between Corvette and cool, and how many pitfalls there are to the quest to expand your Coolness Quotient. A long winter season of separation from your Corvette can certainly make your instincts grow a bit rusty. All you really needed to be reunited with your Corvette, and be the Corvette owner you are.

Now, one final item to discuss. On occasion, for no reason at all, owners of C5s will awake in the middle of the night, as if summoned. They will find themselves, without fully remembering how they got there, in the garage staring at the Corvette with a fond reverence. This is normal. Every Corvette owner experiences this. The reason this occurs isn’t merely a desire within the Corvette owner to check that the car is still in the garage where you left it. It isn’t even to simply a desire to prove to yourself that that perfect day you just had wasn’t a dream- that you really do own a Corvette.

No, the explanation for this phenomena of midnight checks on your Corvette comes down to this: your Corvette occupies a prominent place. It is at the very center of your Coolness Universe. And sometimes, after one of those perfect motoring days, your Coolness Quotient calls to you, a sort of echo of the day. Think of it as a tolerable side effect of having so much Cool in the bank.

Now, go get some sleep. The Weather Channel has indicated tomorrow is going to be even better than today.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom