Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Black Aluminum Wheel Paint

81' Corvette Guy

Corvette
1981 Silver Coupe
Hi all,
My first post here. I have a 81' Silver/ Oyster Vette with 42,000 original miles on it. Woot! Anyhow, I have had it garaged for 9 years and got it back up and running recently...so sweet. I had a question about the stock aluminum slotted rims. In the slots of the aluminum wheel there is black paint. Does anyone know what and where this can be purchased, as I would like to redo the black in the slotted rims. Thanks again, for having me..looks like a real nice place to chat and learn quite a bit about Our Beloved Vettes.

Just my two cents worth, thanks and peace out <*)))>< :)

Welcome Joe

Welcome to Corvette Action Center.

I like your fish. <*)))><
I like to use a kitty with emails. =^..^=

I would think that any of the big catalog Corvette suppliers would have the particular paint you are looking for, otherwise I think any car care / automotive place would have something useable.
Check out our Portal for lists of suppliers.
Corvette Central, Ecklers, MidAmerica (just to name 3)
Heidi

btw, partial to silver and oyster. ;)

I used a satin black which I believe is the same as the windshield trim color. Got mine at the Wal-Mart:w

Thanks Heidi and Dale appreciate the info...would like to try to use the original stuff that came on the wheels. Will take a look into all the available info.

Again great to have joined such an informative forum, thanks again!!! :) <*)))><

From the 1981 Assembly manual:

Rally Wheels are: Argent W35E 848
Alum. Wheel inserts: Black WA 848 (Code 19)

This may mean something to a parts house or Car Paint Shop, but it is a satin black as Dale said.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom