Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Body Support

BLACK MOON

Corvette
15 Shark Grey 3LZ Z06
Does anyone know where a stand like this can be purchased? Or the specs/ dimensions dor the body supports?

I built a Noland Adams wood support and find it lackiing. I'd rather buy or fabricate a steel or aluminum stand with rear support.

Thanks for the input.

Dunno where you can buy a dolly, but the basic dimensions for the body mount locations are in the frame section of the shop manual for my 63, or at least the height and distance along the length are there... you might have to measure width using an existing frame, or you could fabricate a dolly that allows some adjustment for width. If you've built a wooden support, don't you already have the dimensions? What is it that you don't like about the wooden support?

Unless you intend to tear the rear end fiberglass apart, the rear body structure is quite rigid, so the rear-most body mount is probably not needed on a dolly.

Hey,there is a place in jonesboruogh Tenn that builds them ,dont know if they are close to you or not.I have bought their body cart and many other items for removing bodies.
www.accessiblesystems.com

Thanks. I was looking for one specific for the corvette like the one in the photo. The ones in TN are universal with four points of support.:) :)

Wayne,
The wood looks allright but doesn't offer rear support. Also the wood blocks areas to be clean and attaching the body to the wood seems like a problem.

I was just really impressed with the metal frame. Attachment points were easy and exact and it had 10" wheels and a handle for easy mobility. If I can find one I'd rather buy it and sell after I'm done.

Thanks all.

Blackmoon...

I made a wooden dolly, for my 65, out of 2x6's and put steel 3in. casters on it. I also put a higher rear support that came under the body in the gas tank area. It rolled grreat around the shop and I built it high enough to work under the body. Didn't have $50 into it.

Regards, Frank

That dolly is great but it looks like overkill. Seems like it would be very expensive and very heavy and a hassle to just get it to your shop or garage. Couldn't you "enhance" the Noland Adams wood dolly to have a rear support and maybe shim it it up a few more inches to have clearance to clean those areas you're talking about? Then you could concentrate your efforts on the car, not the dolly. Just a thought. Good luck to you.

You're both right. I was hopeing that these were in production. They're balanced and easy to move around.
Thanks for the advice.

When I did my '69 a couple of years ago I biult one from the Noland's specs in the book, looked just like the one that '67Heaven built then recycled worked great. You have to remember that with the body stripped it only actually ways about 500 lbs.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom