Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Borg Warner T5 in 84 Corvette - Doug Nash

ixlor8

I have a Dough Nash 4+3 in a 1984 Corvette. The Gear Oil has mixed with ATF in the Over Drive Unit. Plus 2nd gear pops out of gear while decelarating. I think I have several areas that will need to be rebuilt. Any ideas what might be wrong?

I am thinking the cost of repair of the Doug Nash will be outside my budget. ???

I have been considering a Borg Warner T5 for the 84 Corvette. I am looking to keep the cost of the repair down.

I have been told that the T5 will bolt to the Doug Nash bell housing, clutch and clutch slave is the same. The C Beam will require an adapter that will cost about $200. The drivesahaft is the same and the spline is 26.

Has anybody completed thas swap?

I have never done a replacement yet but I have done a lot of research. A new transmission 6 speed will go about 3000.00 plus. You may find a used 4+3 on ebay or other corvetee forms. If you just need to relace the OD it will run about 1200.00

Best of luck

Hugh :beer

Doug Nash 4+3

I have decided to purchase a used Doug Nash 4+3. It was $500. The guy I purchased it from was taking his street car to autocross. He purchased a Richmond 6 speed.

I have thought very long about putting a t-5 in the car. The C-beam adapter is in protype stage. The shifter would have to be modified. The doner car is a v8 Camaro / Firebird.

Tremec 5 speed was going to cost $3400. Richmond 6 speed is in the same area of pricing. If I sold the car, I would think it be very hard to recoup this cost.

I was thinks the same thing but when the OD does go I am just going to replace it.

Best of luck

Hugh :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom