Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Borla exhaust question from a Newbie

Corvette
2010 Callaway Grand Sport
I just bought my first Vette last August, a millenium yellow 03 coupe. I always wanted one and it dawned on me that I'm not getting any younger. So the hell with being practical, anyways its fun going through your second childhood. It sure is a sweet ride.

I have a chance to pick up a used Borla Quad tip system with 5K mile on it. It loooks to be in good condition. My question is, the mufflers look to be larger than the ones shown on the Borla website for the same system. Has Borla changed to smaller mufflers recently? If so, maybe I'm better off with the new system.

Thanks for any input you can give me.

RocketJ

Welcome to the CAC!

As far as the mufflers go, if they are designed for the 1997-2004 vette they will fit your car. Just be sure they came off a vette of the appropriate year group and you should be good to go. However, if there IS a change in the size of the muffler there will likely be a corresponding change in sound. Maybe you can go to a local vette show and ask to hear different exhausts to hear what you like.

Good Luck!

Randy,

Thanks for the input. I went to this site (http://www.thx2.net/exhaust.htm) to check out how the Borla sounds. I'm just not sure if the system I'm looking at, which is approx. 2 years old, is the same as the newer systems. We have a Vette show coming up soon, I'll take your advice and listen to a few.

RocketJ

I don't believe the quad tip Borlas have been out for two years, maybe a year. I have the 2 tip Borlas and love them. Not sure about size. The Quad tips being 2 years old make me think something is not quite right.

The Borla system came off a Z06, and I'm only guessing at the age, it could be only a year old. I'm only questioning the muffler size because they appear much larger than the system shown on the Borla website.

Also, I thought I read somewhere on the CAC forum about C5 Borla exhaust with reference to different size mufflers. The picture shown on the Borla website is kinda small so maybe its just an illusion. I e-mailed Borla last week but no response so far.

Going for my first ride in a few minutes after a looong winter. As they say in the UK I'm all sexed up.

Thanks for the input.

RocketJ

If you want I will go measure mine so you can compare. They/ve been on sin September 02.

NEVR L8,

Thanks for the offer, I deciced to go with a new Borla Quad system which I will be ordering today. I'm only hoping I'll like the way they sound. I'm too impatient to wait for the next Vette show to listen to them in person. I'm going strictly by the website that had the Borla sound recorded from a Z06.

Thanks again.

RocketJ

If they sound anything like the 2 tips I think you'll love 'em.

Congrats!!:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom