Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

borlas and extended warranty

gcmlear

Corvette
2004 WHITE CONVERT
Well I have decided on borla stingers but I have 2 years extended warranty left. Now I have searched all the threads and have called my dealership and it seems somewhat wishy washy....Dealer says well should be ok unless the warranty issue is related to the mod What?? Even though chev seems to promote these aftermarked items
Does anybody have experience with dealing with extended (gmac) warranty after installing these mods
Many thanks

I don't have direct experience, but what I've read is that the Moss-Magnuson Act requires that warranty be honored unless the modified part contributed to the failure.
The "wishy-washy" area is the definition of "contributed" ...:confused

Well I have decided on borla stingers but I have 2 years extended warranty left. Now I have searched all the threads and have called my dealership and it seems somewhat wishy washy....Dealer says well should be ok unless the warranty issue is related to the mod What?? Even though chev seems to promote these aftermarked items
Does anybody have experience with dealing with extended (gmac) warranty after installing these mods
Many thanks

The dealer is correct, any aftermarket part that can be related to a warranty claim can be denied. He cannot tell you any different, or he would be giving you false information. I cannot see a reason stingers by themselves would cause a problem, but the installation could if done wrong, espically if you do an X pipe. I have the same system on my car with an aftermarket warranty and I am not worried about being denied a claim, but honestly there is no gaurantee it couldn't happen.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom