Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Bose Door Speaker Problem

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Okay the problem is I want it out.. Im going to install a MDF wall where hole is a sink my alpines in

Problem is I removed grill and found the "Box" for the bose held in by 4 screws but when I removed those the box seemed to big for the hole (Shoot) so then I removed door panel and found the "Tin Looking" Plate under panel goes right over the box

Anyway Id sure like to know the procedure for this I really didnt feel like removing say my door locks and such to get this plastic thing outta there

Thanks

BigRed

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
Big, I can't remember, but I think when I installed the Pioneer unit and speakers, we just used the boxes that were already in the door. They might not accomodate your speakers though.

Wish I could be of more help here, but the only way I know of getting them out is to tear into the door. :eyerole

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #365 (SOLD...but Dad's got it now)
When I bought my '85, it came with Infinity 4" speakers already in the door. My original Bose system came to me in a box. The entire Bose box was removed from my door. However, I do remember the Infinity's being Jerry-Rigged in there. Pretty sloppy fit.....They were held in by 3 out of the 4 screws......and I believe some custom holes were justed drilled right through that plastic panel:eyerole

Good luck..........

Jay

BigRed

Corvette
1985 Bright Red Rocket
Arg! Thats what I thought to oh well suck it up I guess Lol
Thanks guys

JT ZR-Won

Corvette
'90 ZR-1 #365 (SOLD...but Dad's got it now)
BigRed,
I wasn't real happy with the install, but the sound that came out of those Infinity's definately made up for it:)

Jay

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom