Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Brake Light/turn Signal Issue...

MRANT212

Corvette
1988 35th ANNIV,1971 BRIDGEHAMPTON BLUE BB COUPE
JUst throwing this out there to all of you that may provide me some help. My 71 all of a sudden lost its brake lights and turn signals. Hazard lights work, as do the parking lights. I know the fuses are ok...already checked them. I know there is a stoplamp switch but I have know idea where to look for it. Im sure there is a turn signal switch and am not sure if its in the column or what. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!!

JUst throwing this out there to all of you that may provide me some help. My 71 all of a sudden lost its brake lights and turn signals. Hazard lights work, as do the parking lights. I know the fuses are ok...already checked them. I know there is a stoplamp switch but I have know idea where to look for it. Im sure there is a turn signal switch and am not sure if its in the column or what. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!! Hope its not a short.

Thanks
Anthony

Not sure about the brake light issue, but the turn signal sounds like the flasher has gone bad. Not the one at the fuse box (the hazard), but the turn signal one on the passenger side right up underneath the right dash pad.

Your problem is in the turn signal switch, which is in the top of the steering column, below the steering wheel hub. Power from the brake light switch (near the top of the brake pedal arm) goes to the turn signal switch, which manages how the brake lights work with the turn signals on or off, and also manages the switching for the turn signals. It's not the flasher.
:beer

Thanks for both of your replies guys!!! Figures I just had the ignition switch changed by a locksmith. I guess he botched this one up!!! Im sure I can find the signal switch thru Corvette Central Ecklers etc... appreciate your help guys!!!

Anthony

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom