Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Build Sheet Help!

K

kenesawdawg

I am the new proud owner of a 1969 L36 convertible! I really have "the fever" and am trying to find out everything I can about my car

I was able to reach up and find/remove which appears to be the only remaining piece of my gas tank build sheet/sticker (not sure exactly that you call it). I have the upper left hand corner portion of the sheet which I am trying to decifer

Couple of questions:

Top right hand block says:
Ident. No
What is this and what does it mean?

Block below that says:
Model
Which I understand means this is a convertible

Below that is a column which says "Equip. Code" but it appears that nothing is in this column or all the writing has worn off

To the right of this is a Column which says "Option No", this is where the sheet is torn/stops, but I can read some of the codes, here's where the majority of my questions come in:
1. All codes start with 02 and appear to be followed by at least one A (i.e. 02xxxA). What does this mean and am I correct that these are the option codes?
2. The codes appear to be broken up into groups, meaning that their appears to be blank lines between groupings of the codes. Are these codes grouped/listed in any particular order?
3. I have researched the codes (or what I beleive to be codes) to the best of my beginner ability, but can clearly see parts of some codes that I don't find anywhere. So, what would:
02CO5A.. be? It proceeds 02CO7 which I understand is the hardtop option which I didn't know the car even originally had. Also, lower down in another "grouping" i can clearly see 02CO (but that's all I can make out) after 02AO

Here is the listing (with the spaces) I can make out (x's are letters/numbers between other numbers/letters I can make out, and what I think the options are/may be. Verification and corrections are greatly appreciated

Option No
02xxxAA - ?
02xxxAA - ?

xxGxxxx - positraction (only G code - but this writing is very faint and may be something else)
02M21xx - close ratio 4 speed
02PT6A - red stripe tire
02CO5A - ?
02CO7A - hardtop
02U69 - AM-FM Radio

02AO - tinted glass
02CO - ?
02G - ?
02 - ?
02N - ? (car has side exhaust and power steering
02T - Louver trim (only T code and car has them)
xxxxx - ?
x2 - ?

Again any assistance is appreciated. I am excited that the car may have.originally had an M21 transmission (was told it was the M20) Is there a way to verify this looking at the transmission - assuming the original tranny is still in the car?

Apoligize if these questions aren't appropriate for this forum, but I am new to all this and am thirsting for knowledge.

You need The 1969 Corvette Guidebook by Rick Bizzoco; pricey, but worth the money. It lists all the broadcast codes you have found on your build sheet.

287237 Ident Number was assigned by GM Central Office after the order for your Corvette was received from a dealer. This number was used to track the car through production at St. Louis. It probably does not match your VIN.

:)

kenesawdawg said:
I was able to reach up and find/remove which appears to be the only remaining piece of my gas tank build sheet/sticker (not sure exactly that you call it).

My question is, how did you reach up over the tank with it still in the car. I have a '70 that I would like to do that to, but I was under the impression you had to drop the tank to get to it.

mikeumkc said:
My question is, how did you reach up over the tank with it still in the car. I have a '70 that I would like to do that to, but I was under the impression you had to drop the tank to get to it.

I was able to lie on my back under the drivers side rear end and reach up and around to feel part of the top of the gas tank. At least on my car there is not a whole lot back there.

I'm going to try to take the rubber gasket off around the neck of the tank fill area this weekend and see if I can see any more of it up there (hopefully) now that I know generally where is is/was. If I do see more I may drop the tank after using up the current full tank of gas.

What continues to puzzle me is the C05 code - can't seem to find it listed anywhere??

6880 Mike said:
You need The 1969 Corvette Guidebook by Rick Bizzoco; pricey, but worth the money. It lists all the broadcast codes you have found on your build sheet.

287237 Ident Number was assigned by GM Central Office after the order for your Corvette was received from a dealer. This number was used to track the car through production at St. Louis. It probably does not match your VIN.

:)

Actually, the Ident Number was assigned by the St. Louis Production Control department when they accepted the order for production; that number and the dealer order number are the only two numbers that followed the car from the very beginning of the production system to the dealer (the VIN wasn't assigned until the body left the Paint Shop and entered the Trim Line, and wasn't related numerically in any way to the Ident Number). An original window sticker will have the Ident Number printed in the upper right-hand corner - reproductions don't.

:beer

I have been looking on the internet for the 69 Corvette Guidebook, but can't find anywhere. If anyone has any leads of sources it would be greatly appreciated.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom