Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

build sheet locatin

jracer49420

Corvette
1974 stingray
I understand that the build sheet is on the gas tank for the 1974 corvette. How do I get it, or make sure it's still there? Do you have to remove the tank? Also where is it located on a 1979 corvette? Same place? Thanks for any info you can give me.

The build sheet for a 79 is typically located on the drivers side front corner of the gas tank. You should be able to see part of it from underneath or from the filler tube area. You may have to drop the tank in order to retrieve the build sheet. I found mine mostly intacked. You will be very happy with the find!

I understand that the build sheet is on the gas tank for the 1974 corvette. How do I get it, or make sure it's still there? Do you have to remove the tank? Also where is it located on a 1979 corvette? Same place? Thanks for any info you can give me.

You may also find one stuffed up behind the dash, between the tach and speedo, and some have been found stuffed in the rear camber strut rod bracket below the diff. :)

You may also find one stuffed up behind the dash, between the tach and speedo, and some have been found stuffed in the rear camber strut rod bracket below the diff. :)
The offical one was glued on top of the tank, but the build sheet was a multi-part carbon form and copies were used all up and down the line. Some times, when in a hurry, the worker would just stuff their copy of the build sheet in some unseen part of the car (rather than taking it to the trash can) thus the copies up under the dash, under the carpet, in the seat springs, etc, etc. Happy hunting :D

tom...

I understand that the build sheet is on the gas tank for the 1974 corvette....

Early cars 68-72 had the build sheet in portrait format and it fit on the top of the tank. Beginning about '73, the format changed to landscape and was too wide to be glued to the top of the tank. They were often stuck on the front of the tank. 81 production shown.
scan0019.jpg

Note landscape format build sheet on the front of the tank.

Stickers placed on the tops of the tanks tend to survive longer than those stuck to the front of the tanks.

Good luck with the hunt.

:)

jracer49420 - I found a copy of mine under the sound deadener, behind the three rear compartments when I replaced the carpet in my 79 last year.

..Thanks for any info you can give me.

http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/infosearch/index.php?cmd=area

Yep. Right here on the forum. Contact Allied-Vaughn with your VIN; they have microfiche records for some of the 77-81 models. If they find your VIN in their records, they will want $50 and will send you a copy of the dealer invoice for you car. The dealer invoice was prepared from the information on the Corvette order copy (build sheet/tank sticker) but contains information not found on the tank sticker. You'll get the original dealer's name and address; all the options and prices; assembly date; shipping date; zones, etc. Better than a tank sticker; easier to get to; and a heckuva lot less work.

Contact them.
:)

You can also contact the Corvette Museum. They will look up your vin and make you a laminated copy. That's what I did. :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom