Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C-4 or C-5 seats for a C-1 ?

harland

Corvette
1961 fawn beige convertible
I love the looks of my 1961. I am not as fascinated by the seat that look as comfortable as an old delivery truck seat. I will keep, of course, my original seats but I am wondering if I could fit in a pair of later model black leather seats for greater comfort, headrest support,etc and do so for a reasonable sum. I am not sure which year seat will fit, look halfway normal, with minimal seat frame support holes. Please share your observations. thanks, Harland

I have '84 seats in my wife's '62 but I modified them so they would fit under the soft top lid like the originals. I maintained the tilt feature so that I could utilize the area under the lid for storage. The side bolsters on these seats really hold you in place and they are much more comfortable than the originals. I tried using the '84 power mounting rails but they placed the seats too high and I just modified the '62 rails to fit the '84 seats.

I have a set of '86 seats that I am planning to use on my '59 project but I am keeping the head rests. Modified the '86 seat tracks (manual) so that they are about 0.75" lower.

Charles

updated seats

Hi Charles, thanks so much for the excellent suggestion. I will discuss it with my Corvette restoration guy. I know that changing a car can be anathema to many, but I really want a comfortable seat. Some folks equate sportiness with a not too comfortable ride-sort of like tooling around the Outback in a ancient Landcruiser, but at age 60 that experience doesn't appeal to me. Regards, Harland

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom