Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: c 5 coupe insultion

Corvette
2000 c5 silver coupe blk interior
:happyanim::pat hello , whats is the best insulation for noise reduction in my 00 coupe rear area . KOOL MAT ??? thanks . RVN 69-70 served ARMY BEST JOB I EVER HAD !!! && THANKS @ ALL OTHER MILITARY :w :happyanim:

This is relatively cheap and does a good job. Don't take up a lot of space and is east to cut and place.

Not really trying to be facetious, but I've just taken to wearing a pair of these when I drive the ol' C5 on long trips... It's at least the cheapest -- as well as reasonably effective -- solution to interior noise that I've found...

Not really trying to be facetious, but I've just taken to wearing a pair of these when I drive the ol' C5 on long trips... It's at least the cheapest -- as well as reasonably effective -- solution to interior noise that I've found...

Nice, hope you can hear your stereo and emergency vehicles adequately :)

How do you solve the heat issue?

Nice, hope you can hear your stereo and emergency vehicles adequately... :)

Actually, my hearing is quite acute; and these types of ear plugs are quite good at attenuating only certain frequencies -- like most of the high-pitched shrill you get from aircraft engines or the drone of P275's on the road -- while still allowing a good bit of the rest of the frequency spectrum through (reduced volume level, of course). No sound frequencies are completely blocked; just attenuated to some degree or another.

So if I can't hear the song on the stereo well enough, I just turn up the volume a bit... ;) And hearing emergency vehicles hasn't proven to be a problem either...

... How do you solve the heat issue?

Frankly, I've never been uncomfortable in the cockpit of my C5; the AC seems to work fine -- at least adequately -- even during Texas summers... But I have noticed that the torque tube tunnel and truck deck do seem to get pretty warm to the touch...

In fairness, I can't dispute that strategic placement of additional insulation would be beneficial on the C5, both from an acoustic and thermal standpoint; I just opted for a "quick-n-dirty" solution on long highway trips... Around town, I go sans ear plugs.

Actually, my hearing is quite acute; and these types of ear plugs are quite good at attenuating only certain frequencies -- like most of the high-pitched shrill you get from aircraft engines or the drone of P275's on the road -- while still allowing a good bit of the rest of the frequency spectrum through (reduced volume level, of course). No sound frequencies are completely blocked; just attenuated to some degree or another.

So if I can't hear the song on the stereo well enough, I just turn up the volume a bit... ;) And hearing emergency vehicles hasn't proven to be a problem either...

Frankly, I've never been uncomfortable in the cockpit of my C5; the AC seems to work fine -- at least adequately -- even during Texas summers... But I have noticed that the torque tube tunnel and truck deck do seem to get pretty warm to the touch...

In fairness, I can't dispute that strategic placement of additional insulation would be beneficial on the C5, both from an acoustic and thermal standpoint; I just opted for a "quick-n-dirty" solution on long highway trips... Around town, I go sans ear plugs.

Can't say that I've been overly hot in mine either, when it does get a little too warm the a/c takes care of it, even with the top down.

I like the analogy about the stereo, we jokingly tell customers the same thing with their squeaks and rattles......:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom