Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C/D test ZO6 vs Porsche Turbo

B

BlkZO6

I haven't seen this article yet, but rumor has it the 2002 ZO6 edged out a turbo Porsche in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile tests. The drivers were picked by the factories. GM picked John Heinricy :eek Porsche picked someone named Hurley Haywood. I haven't seen a post on this here, so sorry if it's a dupe

Interesting. I'd like to see the final results. I have heard of Hurley Haywood before.

Didn't the 911 Turbo post 4.0 and 12.4 in those categories? If that is indeed true that the 02' Z06 beat those numbers, that is just plain incredible.

BlkZO6 said:
I haven't seen this article yet, but rumor has it the 2002 ZO6 edged out a turbo Porsche in the 0-60 and 1/4 mile tests. The drivers were picked by the factories. GM picked John Heinricy :eek Porsche picked someone named Hurley Haywood. I haven't seen a post on this here, so sorry if it's a dupe

Hurley Haywood is a legend in Porsche road racing. He drove at Le Mans, the 24 Hours of Daytona, Sebring, and in the Cam-Am series. He started with Porsche Cars in the 1960's. He has raced, and won, in every decade since.

Ray

Edmond said:
Didn't the 911 Turbo post 4.0 and 12.4 in those categories? If that is indeed true that the 02' Z06 beat those numbers, that is just plain incredible.

Edmond
I have run 12.4 three times at 2600' elevation. I had only drag radials and a VaraRam. I have never attempted measuring 0-60, as I do not have any equipment that can do it.

Wow, this an old thread!:L

DV,

What would your #'s be for sea level?

I just happened to have this issue of C&D in my desk. It's from September of '01 (Damn, I need to clean out my desk more than once a decade!) It was from their "Supertuner Challange" issue.

343%3A34%3B923232%7Ffp64%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232387%3A%3B84798ot1lsi

343%3A34%3B923232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2333%3D986%3D98%3A%3DXROQDF%3E232387%3A%3B84889ot1lsi

'02 Z06 :
0-60 = 4.4
1/4 Mile = 12.7 sec @ 114mph

'01 911 Turbo :
0-60 = 4.5
1/4 Mile = 12.9 sec @ 112mph

Stock vs Stock, pretty much a dead heat.

BTW: John Heinricy can flat out drive a Vette. He's the guy doing the driving in the video that came with your Z's.

Z06 Tom said:
BTW: John Heinricy can flat out drive a Vette. He's the guy doing the driving in the video that came with your Z's.

How can a non-Z owner obtain one of these videos? It would be cool to see one.

Edmond said:
How can a non-Z owner obtain one of these videos? It would be cool to see one.

Let me see what I can do Ed. I just bought a combo VCR/DVD recorder. I should be able to dupe a DVD of the original video. If I can make it work, I'll send you a DVD copy of mine ('02 version.)

Z06 Tom said:
Let me see what I can do Ed. I just bought a combo VCR/DVD recorder. I should be able to dupe a DVD of the original video. If I can make it work, I'll send you a DVD copy of mine ('02 version.)

Thank you, Tom. Please let me know. I've read many things about John Heinricy's driving prowess but I've never seen any of it.

The video is pretty good to watch in the beginning. On mine for the O3 zo6 they are flogging an 02 at the track lol! It is cool to watch. I enjoyed it and even let my father borrow it, he liked it too. Edmond, they even tell you how to lower the car and set the toe and camber up for track racing. Now that is what I call a real production race car. I wonder what video they offer with the Viper or Ford GT? I wonder if they endorse racing like GM does hehe???

Z06 Tom said:

Video! what Video:eek ? I'll have to look around and see if I got one. Of course i did by the car from my credit union. It was turned in at the end of the lease. The guy was going to keep it then he got wind of the new Z.

If mine is missing, where can I get one. Tom, if you burn me a DVD or tape I'll be glad to pay shipping and the cost of the tape. Or, if you are coming to Carlisle in August I'll get it from you then.

Thanks.

H.D.

Heavy Duty, you can get OEM issued manuals from Helm but they are out of the 2002 owner's manuals at the moment. They also have no mention of the video for the Z06, just the regular C5 vid on VHS.

You can watch the whole owner's video for 2002 over here. It's a cool video for sure.

Leon

Just looked at the first segment of the video. MAN, I HAVE GOT to find that video. I now know that I have a VERY special car. This video confirms all the reasons I had to have this car with the first time i saw one Dynoed at the BG plant. WAY cool:_rock .

H.D.

Heavy Duty said:
Just looked at the first segment of the video. MAN, I HAVE GOT to find that video. I now know that I have a VERY special car. This video confirms all the reasons I had to have this car with the first time i saw one Dynoed at the BG plant. WAY cool:_rock .

H.D.

H.D.
I did not have one with my 2002 Z06, either, as I bought mine used. Another guy on this site burned me a dvd. I am not sure whether my computer will copy it or not. I will try. If it does, I would be happy to send it to you.
Jim

I watched the 02 ZO6 one last night, it is alittle different than the 03.
Thanks for the link Leon!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom