Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1- Body shop update

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Just a few photos from the recent visit to the body shop. Closing in the front suspension a-arms and priming the hood, decklid, doors with body color tinted primer. By Wednesday the parts are to be painted TORCH red with WHITE coves and clear coated!!!
Shouldn't be too long for the body to follow. Harry is taking the body off for the last time around mid week and putting it back on the rotisserie to finish up the inside of the engine compartment and then painting the bottom of the car.

sIMG_0408-vi.jpg

sIMG_0409-vi.jpg

sIMG_0410-vi.jpg

sMG_0404-vi.jpg

sIMG_0405-vi.jpg

regards, Herb

You know I have been wondering when we were going to here from you

How exciting huh?

Wont be long now.

he did a nice job closing up the fender wells. When I was doing mine I was at a loss trying to figure out what to do. What he did looks real simple and sanatary.

Rest up as it looks like youll have it home soon and have to get back to work on it

You know I have been wondering when we were going to here from you

How exciting huh?

Wont be long now.

he did a nice job closing up the fender wells. When I was doing mine I was at a loss trying to figure out what to do. What he did looks real simple and sanatary.

Rest up as it looks like youll have it home soon and have to get back to work on it
I am getting the frame back later this week. I HAVE to get the front end sorted out because once I get the body on next time it will be next to impossible short of pulling the body back off to get the front end adjusted.

I ned to adjust the camber etc and get it next to being perfect. I will have to have a couple of buddies sit on the front end of the frame to simulate the weight of the body. Closing up the front end and then making adjustments later has me a little nervous. So I need to get it near perfect to begin with.

I am also more than a little nervous about having to make front end adjustment height changes. I have it lowered all the way down now and I really like the "attitude", but what is too low? It barely cleared my trailer when I unloaded it at the shop and it didn't have a body on it. You can't get a regular floor jack under the frame on the front sides. Grrr........it is easiest now to make changes, once that body goes back on it is going to be a bear!

Suggestions?

Also, I should get my window posts back today, I have been playing tag with FEDEX. So I need to put that back together and test fit it on the body before Harry gets too far along on me.......ugh!!!!!!:W :W :W

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom