Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1-C2 photos

Love The Turbo-Jet

Remo:cool
12.JPG

just playing around with some photos

8x10carlisleSmall-vi.jpg

Here's the fiberglass styling model of the Corvette SS in the Lockheed wind tunnel in December, 1956:

SSTunnel800.jpg

And here are those body panels again, ten weeks later, attached to the Corvette SS "mule" chassis at Sebring, during practice two days before the race; this "mule" was very crude, including a firewall and rear bulkhead made of plywood. The driver's door panel is somewhere out on the course :D.

CorvetteSSMule.jpg

:beer
But this "mule" chassis lives on today under the original 1959 Sting Ray racer/show car!

Sounds great. What's in it?

Tom

358 Sprint Car Motor ...... Hope to shoot some better video this spring...

What a coincidence. My '64's last street poweplant was a 388 Sprinter engine, as I recall it's a 400 block destroked to 3 9/16 with a forged crank and flat-top Arias pistons. This engine is in my oldest son's '63 Chevy II 100 two-door post now.

The Corvette is sitting engineless and dusty in the barn, waiting for the fourth and last child to finish college. Current plans call for my favorite mill of all time, a Cad 500, to go in rather than a heavier Chevy BB.

What a coincidence. My '64's last street poweplant was a 388 Sprinter engine, as I recall it's a 400 block destroked to 3 9/16 with a forged crank and flat-top Arias pistons. This engine is in my oldest son's '63 Chevy II 100 two-door post now.

The Corvette is sitting engineless and dusty in the barn, waiting for the fourth and last child to finish college. Current plans call for my favorite mill of all time, a Cad 500, to go in rather than a heavier Chevy BB.

500 caddy is an interesting choice.......I am currently planning a 427 small block for our 72....possibly turbo charged.... You can never run out of "things to do " with a vette....

That is sooooooooo Sweeeeeet!:thumb

That is as nice as they come. Thanks for posting.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom