Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 - Update: body married to frame.....

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Had to stop by the shop to check on the car first thing this morning....oh my this is getting close! I called back at the end of the day today and Harry told me that it really looks like a car now, it has the doors, hood deck lid etc attached and the gaps all set! Oh my!!! So first thing tomorrow on the way to work I will stop by and check it out some more and of course get more photos!!! In the meantime....here is the latest!
IMG_0841Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0842Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0844Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0839Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0849Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0845Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0854Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0848Small-vi.jpg

IMG_0847Small-vi.jpg

Car is a bit dusty, but tomorrows shots will be dust free as they will be shooting the semi-gloss black in the two front scoop openings!
Car comes home Thursday or Friday!

Come On finish line! Gonna look AWESOME!
Andy :w

Come On finish line! Gonna look AWESOME!
Andy :w
I can see that finish line, but my glasses keep fogging up and the sweat keeps running down my head into my eyes and burning them......;LOL

Herb
the car looks GREAT! I love the stance and how low the body sits. That is going to be a mean ride you got there. :)

Herb
the car looks GREAT! I love the stance and how low the body sits. That is going to be a mean ride you got there. :)
and you do know this is all your fault....right????? haha

Barry's right, the stance was the first thing I noticed. You got it just right! :upthumbs

The engine compartment and engine look super. Now comes the fun part of all the electrical and plumbing work.

Best of luck with the rest of the project.

Rich Lagasse

Barry's right, the stance was the first thing I noticed. You got it just right! :upthumbs

The engine compartment and engine look super. Now comes the fun part of all the electrical and plumbing work.

Best of luck with the rest of the project.

Rich Lagasse
thank you for the kind comments Rich, as we are proceeding I keep your cars as well as some of the other cars on here (like Larry's Yellow '62) as models to strive for. All of you have done such nice work it really is an inspiration to everyone else.

I only wish I was as talented as the rest of you are.

The wiring and the plumbing.....oh my.......I am going to loose a lot of sleep over that

thanks again!!! :beer

regards, Herb

Herb,

It really looks fantastic. That shop is a good one.
:upthumbs
I think it is really all about Harry being a perfectionist and wanting it to absolutely look right.....the photos don't do it justice.....I can't wait to see it in the outdoors....under the lights of the shop is one thing, but under natural light it will really pop!

The wiring and the plumbing.....oh my.......I am going to loose a lot of sleep over that

Herb, I know that project is really your first ( and what a project to start with!) same as the comparatively minor projects I did last winter on my '65 and than the '78 but don't lose sleep over the wiring and plumbing.
Even if you never did it before, same I never did any of the stuff I tackled last year the key is to just dig in do it. No point worrying about it or losing sleep over it.
Put your mind to it and you WILL get it done - look at all you have accomplished so far that you never did before either. The wiring and plumbing is just something else to learn and learn it you will. Take your time and go one step at a time. If you make a mistake it's no big deal, just go back and correct it.

For me, the intimitation of having never done it before was much worst than the actual thing that needed to get done!
Besides, if you get stuck on something you know the smart guys on here are always available to offer their help to get you through it. That last reason alone is the MAIN reason I got enough nerve to start tearing into my own cars last year.
Your project is much, much, much, much larger than my projects ever were but both of us were new at doing what we decided to get ourselves into but I managed to get through mine and you have done a kick-a** job so far on the rolling chassis yourself and knowing what you wanted for the body so don't doubt yourself now on the other stuff. You will do a great job!

Herb,
You've definately got all of our attention now. And I've been nervouse about pulling the tranny. Should be a piece of cake, like Barry said, just jump in and if we have ???? we got the CAC..

Herb, I know that project is really your first ( and what a project to start with!) same as the comparatively minor projects I did last winter on my '65 and than the '78 but don't lose sleep over the wiring and plumbing.
Even if you never did it before, same I never did any of the stuff I tackled last year the key is to just dig in do it. No point worrying about it or losing sleep over it.
Put your mind to it and you WILL get it done - look at all you have accomplished so far that you never did before either. The wiring and plumbing is just something else to learn and learn it you will. Take your time and go one step at a time. If you make a mistake it's no big deal, just go back and correct it.

For me, the intimitation of having never done it before was much worst than the actual thing that needed to get done!
Besides, if you get stuck on something you know the smart guys on here are always available to offer their help to get you through it. That last reason alone is the MAIN reason I got enough nerve to start tearing into my own cars last year.
Your project is much, much, much, much larger than my projects ever were but both of us were new at doing what we decided to get ourselves into but I managed to get through mine and you have done a kick-a** job so far on the rolling chassis yourself and knowing what you wanted for the body so don't doubt yourself now on the other stuff. You will do a great job!
well...we know this is your fault anyways.....the way you jumped in made me jump in....and there is nothing that I will do that cubic dollars wont fix (my biggest fear). Seriously, Harry told me today, take care of this car and protect it from bumps and bruises, don't come back in here and tell us you dropped a wrench on the fender or hood or......YIKES!!! A lot of pressure for sure!!!

:cool :cool that looks great, much better then the last time I saw it.;LOL
DSC03185.JPG

are you going to put "fuel injection" script on it?
after all it is a fuelie now.

Herb car looks SPECTACULAR.

You got to be Sh*tt*ng your pant around now as it wont be long till you get it back in your hands and youll have to start working again.

I hope your getting all of the little things aout of the way now and double checking your material on hand to makes sure you have every thing ready to go .

You got my number ,Just call anytime you need to chat. Phone is always on and near me

Best of luck and most of all DONT PANIC all is going to be good

I did notice those early cars must have a bigger engine bay as mine doesnt have quite as much room as yours .

Speak to you soon .

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom