Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C1 update....body shop photos

firstgear

Corvette
15 Z06, 01 Vert, 63 SWC & 60 ALL RED
Stopped by the body shop at lunch today to check in on the latest status of the body work. Harry told me that they would be working this week on getting the front firewall smoothed and the two wheel wells tubbed.

Here are the latest photos...
IMG_2486s-vi.jpg

Heater opening has been closed over, for that matter everything that has a hole in it and isn't needed is glassed over. The firewall will be smooth as a baby's butt. The outward seam on the firewall is also gone!

IMG_2482s-vi.jpg

They got the hinges mounted back in, also had to replace one or two of the hinge covers that mount over the bolted hinge area.
IMG_2485s-vi.jpg

and finally the tubbing of the rear wheel wells. Took the side wall in about 1.5 inches but had to be careful where the soft top sits. The tilted area was not moved in as far, but was moved and the tilted area had the tilt changed slightly to give as much room as possible. Next week if everything works out ok, I will be taking the frame back to the shop for a test fit up.
IMG_2490s-vi.jpg

The green area is the area that was cut and moved in.
IMG_2487s-vi.jpg

I gave Harry my soft top and he fit test it a few times to make sure that it would still fit. All I can say is it is going to be tight! But I wanted the ability to lower the Myers suspension all the way down and I didn't want to have a problem. So we shall see.

My front end pieces are due to arrive next monday so by mid week the front end should be all put back together.

stay tuned.....got a friend coming by on Saturday to get the motor dressed out the rest of the way.....

regards, Herb

Looks like you hooked up with a quaility shop,

Looking good
they are not cheap, that is for sure...but I really like Harry and he does quality stuff....the new surround will be in on Monday or Tuesday so I am hoping that by Wed I might be able to get some shots, other wise it will have to wait until I am back in town week after next....

Herb

IMG_2485s-vi.jpg

Herb it looks like you are making great progress. Keep up the good work!
This photo threw me. Is it upside down??

Stopped by the body shop at lunch today to check in on the latest status of the body work. Harry told me that they would be working this week on getting the front firewall smoothed and the two wheel wells tubbed.

Here are the latest photos...
IMG_2486s-vi.jpg

Heater opening has been closed over, for that matter everything that has a hole in it and isn't needed is glassed over. The firewall will be smooth as a baby's butt. The outward seam on the firewall is also gone!

IMG_2482s-vi.jpg

They got the hinges mounted back in, also had to replace one or two of the hinge covers that mount over the bolted hinge area.
IMG_2485s-vi.jpg

and finally the tubbing of the rear wheel wells. Took the side wall in about 1.5 inches but had to be careful where the soft top sits. The tilted area was not moved in as far, but was moved and the tilted area had the tilt changed slightly to give as much room as possible. Next week if everything works out ok, I will be taking the frame back to the shop for a test fit up.
IMG_2490s-vi.jpg

The green area is the area that was cut and moved in.
IMG_2487s-vi.jpg

I gave Harry my soft top and he fit test it a few times to make sure that it would still fit. All I can say is it is going to be tight! But I wanted the ability to lower the Myers suspension all the way down and I didn't want to have a problem. So we shall see.

My front end pieces are due to arrive next monday so by mid week the front end should be all put back together.

stay tuned.....got a friend coming by on Saturday to get the motor dressed out the rest of the way.....

regards, Herb

Little Red Corvette, and another, and another, and another!!! Man, I'd call you a lucky guy, but I'm sure LUCK had nothing to do with it. VERY nice rides.

IMG_2485s-vi.jpg

Herb it looks like you are making great progress. Keep up the good work!
This photo threw me. Is it upside down??
haha....good catch....yes it is.....the body is on a dolly....and they had it upside to work on the tubs....so I flipped the photo back over with Photoshop.....

Herb

Little Red Corvette, and another, and another, and another!!! Man, I'd call you a lucky guy, but I'm sure LUCK had nothing to do with it. VERY nice rides.
you are right, luck had nothing to do with it.....lots and lots of hours at work for many many years.....I wish I could say I hit the lottery...that would make a better story....stay tuned.....more photos to come.

I have to take the frame over to the shop Tuesday, so I am hoping to have some photos by Wednesday.....

thanks and regards, Herb

got the hood surround and the body shop started to mount it, but had to stop. UGH, there were stress cracks and a crack here and there in the piece. Brand new! Turns out that Corvette Image when they shipped it to me, accidently sent it to a body shop in Dallas and it got mixed in with parts they were looking for. So they took out their parts and sent it on to me.

Only problem, I don't think they did a good job of securing it in the box and when it arrived BOOM, there were the stress cracks by the front hood opening and a couple of places where it was just plain cracked!

Paragon did a nice job of getting Corvette Image to take it back and should have another one on site in about 10 days or so.

Nothing ever goes as planned.....June 2nd for Hot Rod Power tour sure is going to be a challenge to meet that date....I still haven't figured out whatI am doing for an interior just yet. I am thinking stock dash pad and stock carpeting. Seats with custom covering and door panels to look like C5 Z06 interior that is red and black.

Stay tuned....more to come....after I get back from China and see what has happened at the shop while I was gone.

Herb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom