Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C3 Extravaganza - October 14-16, 2004

Adam Wartell

Corvette
1979 Corvette Red Coupe
The National Corvette Museum
presents
C3 Extravaganza

You don't have to bring your C3, just your passion for them!

Thursday, October 14, 2004
through Saturday, October 16, 2004

At the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY

So far the schedule should include at least: Vendors & Tuners Demonstrations, Dyno pulls, Corvette Assembly Plant Tours, Scenic Road Tours, Low Speed Autocross, Seminars, Group Dinner, Drag Racing, and More!

Hotel rooms are already being booked!! Rooms are blocked at the Country Hearth Inn and Hampton Inn!

To find out how to book your room or for more event details, go to:
http://www.c3vr.com/events/NCM2004

Also, NCM has a page set up, however no details are on it yet:
http://www.corvettemuseum.com/registration/c3/info.shtml

See you there Adam...:w

Hope you have a great time. Keep us posted on how it goes. A bunch of us went to Sharkfest Labor Day two years ago and some of us felt that while it was named Sharkfest, it was geared toward the C5 and, to a lesser extent, the C4.

bobchad said:
Hope you have a great time. Keep us posted on how it goes. A bunch of us went to Sharkfest Labor Day two years ago and some of us felt that while it was named Sharkfest, it was geared toward the C5 and, to a lesser extent, the C4.
I think one of the problems with "SharkFest" not being very Sharky was because it was actually the "Labor Day Celebration featuring 'SharkFest'"

The C3 Extravaganza is going to be ONLY about C3s.

But we need to get as many C3s as possible to go so it can truely be an "Extravaganza" and the biggest C3 event ever!

Hope to see you there!

Best of luck on the C3 show. It's too early for me to committ right now but it looks to be a good time.

Tom

Adam1979 said:
I think one of the problems with "SharkFest" not being very Sharky was because it was actually the "Labor Day Celebration featuring 'SharkFest'".... . . . . ..

Hope to see you there!

I don't know that I totally agree with this statement.
The year before SharkFest was the 20th year birthday celebration of the Bowling Green Plant opening 1981 ~ 2001 I believe that was held the last weekend in June 2001. There was a fair turnout of C3's and over 27 1981's showed up for the event. Some of the 81's came from as far away as California, Maine and Florida. The Museum didn't or I should say had no intentions of Honoring the 81, the Featured Corvette was the 82CE

The SharkFest was something that Larry Hayes and I worked up to bring out the C3's in mass. The original date Larry proposed was mid October 2002, I suggested an earlier date as the middle of October can have some extremely nasty weather for folks trying to get there from Maine, Washington, California etc..

Living in California, has it's disavantage attending NCM events, it's a 5,000 mile trip and I for one won't take a chance in my 1981 driving it across 8 or 9 states in the middle of October to attend a 2 or 3 day event.

I also think the 2002 SharkFest was well attended by C3's. I recall seeing a whole field of them, including Ms Mako.

I wish you the best in October, but for members not living in or near Bowling Green it may be a stretch to expect C3's to drive across the United States in Mid October... I know I for one will not. I'm planning to attend the CAC event in Auburn toward the end of May this year.

How many of you C3 owners living on the East Coast would drive 5,000 milles (roundtrip), to say.. Reno, NV for a 2 or 3 day Corvette Event ?????

Rare81 said:
....but for members not living in or near Bowling Green it may be a stretch to expect C3's to drive across the United States in Mid October...
Which is why the slogan for the event is You don't have to bring your C3, just your passion for them!

The Sharkfest 2002 was held during the Labor Day festivities here at the NCM. You will find a link with many photos from that event..

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/labor_day/labor02/index.shtml

It is very difficult to find vendors to come to the first time show. I ask for your help in recommending Vendors that would be more geared towards the Sharks. Each vendor I speak with asks how many. This is a very difficult answer to come up with when it is the first time event.

Some of the vendors I can think of that would be great at this show are:

Stainless Works
MidAmerica
Corvette Central
Paragon
Zip Products

Who are some others?

Thanks!

Adam Boca

BTW: We can not guarentee that there will be a lot of varity. We are unable to force a vendor to come.

Adam Boca said:
The Sharkfest 2002 was held during the Labor Day festivities here at the NCM. You will find a link with many photos from that event..

http://www.corvettemuseum.com/labor_day/labor02/index.shtml

It is very difficult to find vendors to come to the first time show. I ask for your help in recommending Vendors that would be more geared towards the Sharks. Each vendor I speak with asks how many. This is a very difficult answer to come up with when it is the first time event.

Some of the vendors I can think of that would be great at this show are:

Stainless Works
MidAmerica
Corvette Central
Paragon
Zip Products

Who are some others?

Thanks!

Adam Boca

BTW: We can not guarentee that there will be a lot of varity. We are unable to force a vendor to come.
Adam,
I can also recommend Corvette Amercia. Plus Bair's Corvettes (Erie, PA), they always have a big display at Carlisle each year!

Thanks!

I am thinking that I am going to make the trip up for this one. I have had my vette apart for so long, this would be a great first road trip.

Eddie 70 said:
I am thinking that I am going to make the trip up for this one. I have had my vette apart for so long, this would be a great first road trip.
I think it would be a very worthwhile trip for you!

The schedule is about to be released and I will post an update here as soon as it is.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom