Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C3 Rear compartment sizing

shrekviper

Corvette
1969 Burgundy Convertible BB/PS/PB/A-C/SW/Rr Dfrst
I'm the proud new owner or a 69 Convertible 427 (NOM). We're flying out to pick it up and drive it back. Can anyone spare the 3 minutes to measure the rear compartment area (Length, width, height) of their early-C3 so my wife can pack the appropriate size bag? Top up is fine.

It's been 18 years waiting to join the "vette club".

Scott

Congrats on the purchase. Looks very nice. A standard small suitcase will fit (does in my 75 coupe) per person but I wouldn't go much bigger than a bag that you would bring onto a plane for the overhead compartment. Unless you plan on being on the road for a week, that should be sufficient (even for a woman :) LOL!)
Pretty much plan on the top being up the entire time. Don't know how much room there is with the top down. Either way, enoy the trip and post some pics of the travel and the vette!

Don't have the measurements but the 73 convertible is 5 cu ft and the 69 is a little larger, about 3 inches deeper.

(Ignore the subwoofer.) Top down does confine the area somewhat. Assuming top up you are still constrained by the rear deck. But in that circumstance the area is 13 1/2" high, 34" wide, and 26" deep.

You have just bought my favourite C3!

subwooferrewired-008.jpg

paul67,

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed. We're planning top up to allow for more space. We'll be on the road for a week (=more junk). Her small roller and a duffel for me will be perfect.

Ahh cool, did you get that vette from buyavette.net?
I was looking at that one myself for a long time but I would prefer a coupe.

paul67,

Thanks. That's exactly what I needed. We're planning top up to allow for more space. We'll be on the road for a week (=more junk). Her small roller and a duffel for me will be perfect.

Not much more...I wish you well on your journey! Convertibles are very enjoyable.

cargo-001.jpg

hazeldean09-005.jpg

Scott, congrats and welcome to the club!
Also, Welcome to the :CAC

It's cool that you found a car with a NOM. Makes it much easier on the wallet and can still be just as much fun or more!

In your picture, am I seeing the rear antenna correctly? It looks like it's at a 45° angle to the back of the car instead of being vertical.

entropy454,

Yes, it is the one from buyavette.net. I'm still amazed I'm getting a 40 year old car with a 5yr/100,000 mile warranty (not bumper to bumper, of course).

Evolution1980,

Yes, the antennae is a little weird. It's a generic replacement. I'm planning on putting in a power antennae once I get it. It has a few other finishing details left to do (chrome trim around tail pipes, clock!, reinstall a/c).

Oh, I see that coming. My other "classic" experience was with my '67 Mustang Conv. A few hundred here, a few hundred there, ran me dry... 10 years later, it'll be less painful. I plan on doing 99% myself. It runs good and has had a lot of "drivability" repairs before I bought it. Who doesn't enjoy working on their car?

Oh, I see that coming. My other "classic" experience was with my '67 Mustang Conv. A few hundred here, a few hundred there, ran me dry... 10 years later, it'll be less painful. I plan on doing 99% myself. It runs good and has had a lot of "drivability" repairs before I bought it. Who doesn't enjoy working on their car?
The only bad thing that Mustang parts are much cheaper than Vette parts.

Antennae, whatever. Enjoy that car!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom