Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c4 bose stereo

jeffyc

Corvette
91 Red Coupe
i looked guys but i dont see a post and i looked for a website with out any luck
i need to change out my bose stereo in my 1991 vette
its dieing
is there a site that explains how to do this?
or an articale on this site any help would be appreciated

I'd be amazed that you could search this site and not find tons of posts about Bose. I did a quick search, and found 427 different threads related to Bose. The problem is, there is no single way to change out the system, it depends on what you want out of it. Pounding bass, CD changer, volume, but one thing is for sure if you change any part of it, change it all. That means new speakers, an amp, a head unit, and a changer and subwoofer if you want them. Crutchfield can give you an idea of what will fit without modification, finding a place for the amp and changer are sometimes the difficult part.
6x9s should fit in the rear, but you will need different speaker grilles and fillers. I'm not sure but I think 4x6s will fit in your front kick panels. The amp may fit under or behind the passenger seat if you pick a short one. I was able to fit my 12 disc changer in the passenger side rear compartment.
You will have to pull the front seats, console and some of the rear carpet to gain access to everything, because if you are doing to the trouble of replacing the system, you'll want to hide all the new wiring. It is a big job replacing the system, but can be very worth it when complete.
Search again on Bose, read up on what others have done, if you want some pictures of what I've done, leave me a message with your email.

thanks
ill do a search when i get a chance

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom