Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Bra - Recommendations??

tvargo

Corvette
2001 Mag Red Coupe 6 Spd
I need a recomendation on where to purchase a bra for a 2001 Mag Red C5.

Does any one recommend the GM issue?

Other suppliers?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom, probably the best bra is from Speedlingerie. Expensive as all good things are. You can find them at Mid-America or their own web site. The price is $500-550 and they come in matching Corvette colors. Good luck in the shopping.
Paul

I have the GM issue for my 99. Fits very well and I have never had a problem with it. A much better deal for about $75.

GM bra here, works great. SL bra is good and matches the color but the cost is high. Both will work well.

tvargo said:

Other suppliers?

Thanks,

Tom

Heard the "Dolly Parton" bra was a good one to get.....;LOL

I've got the GM bra,it fits like a glove. I ordered it from Fitchner Chevrolet and it cost me LESS from them than some people are selling them USED on the "parts for sale" forums.Some people are changing out 4 of the attachment screws for a diffrent type but I tried the original way first. I was slightly tricky but not impossible. After you read some of the threads about it don't think you HAVE to buy the other screws, the ones supplyed CAN be used.

Thanks for the info everyone. I am going to buy the GM bra.

One question: When the bra is on, can you open the hood?

Tom

tvargo said:
One question: When the bra is on, can you open the hood?

Tom
Yes, in fact to put it on, the hood must be open. Take your time with the install, it seems impossible at first but it does work. If you have any problems just post here or CF and you'll get lots of help.

[QUOTE='04 Torch Red]:confused ...but it may be a female Corvette...go figure...:L :w[/QUOTE]Mine's definitely not a girl. I need a "Bro". I like the spandex ones that let the air flow through, but I don't know where to get one.

tvargo said:

Other suppliers?

Thanks,

Tom
Just my $.02 - skip the bra - any moisture will fade the paint if you don't get it off and air dry it pronto. Wife's Cyber Green metallic New Beetle had to be repainted, partially because of the bra.:(

Zaino it up and hope for the best.

Lee

Moval49er said:
Just my $.02 - skip the bra - any moisture will fade the paint if you don't get it off and air dry it pronto. Wife's Cyber Green metallic New Beetle had to be repainted, partially because of the bra.:(

Zaino it up and hope for the best.

Lee
I agree with some of this post but recommend the bra for occasional use on long trips. As long as you keep your car clean and waxed before you put the bra on, you should not have any issues. I do not recommend the bra for everday use unless you plan to clean it regularly and allow it to dry out after it gets wet. Otherwise, you are going to have the paint issues mentioned above.

I bought my GM bra from West Coast Corvettes and it fits great. The 1st install is a bit of a challenge but take your time as others have suggested. I like the WCC version of the GM bra because they embroider the Corvette logo on the bra. Looks terrific.

jcs712 said:
I agree with some of this post but recommend the bra for occasional use on long trips. As long as you keep your car clean and waxed before you put the bra on, you should not have any issues. I do not recommend the bra for everday use unless you plan to clean it regularly and allow it to dry out after it gets wet. Otherwise, you are going to have the paint issues mentioned above.
I can agree with that - wife just liked the looks of the bra and left it on too long... I use my Vette too much on Cali freeways to worry about it - it does have a couple small rock chips, but its still looking great after 2 years and 33,000 miles. :beer

Good luck,

Lee

Clear bra

I have the 3M style clear bra stuff on order. Put the same stuff on my 99 300M and it still looks good and is almost invisible on the platinum color. I used the DC hood bra over it on long trips but not otherwise. Autotrim Design folks will trim the new stuff so it does not overlap the Commemorative striping pattern I put on already. Should protect the entire bottom area and lower hood. Everything but the mirrors, I think. I saw the Speed Lingerie bra at the Museum on Labor Day and felt it was just too thick/bulky, and I did not like the see thru plastic window area for the hood emblem. I wasn't sold 100% on the smoothness of the fit at the fender well, but I did see several cars there that had them on, and there was a lot of customer traffic at their booth so they seem to be pretty popular. $500 is a bit much tho. I'll let you all know how the clear stuff comes out.

I noticed in the GM Accessories catelog that there were actually two bras. One was the factory item with the plastic over the turn signals and the fog lamp assembly. There is a second one (a licensed accessory) that has what appears to be cutouts in the fog lamp region.

As I am looking at adding a Vararam later, I am concerned about airflow. Has anyone had any experience with the stock bra and after-market intake? Same goes for the second (licensed) bra.

The link to the catalog is http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/accessories/images/chevrolet/corvette/2003/corvette.pdf, though no dealership around here has any info on the second one.

Thanks,
Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom