Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Hazard Switch replacement and Radio Removal info

DocOhm

Corvette
2001 Coupe QuickSilver A4
After putting up with turn signal problems for months I finally had time to replace the hazard switch yesterday. I documented the whole method here:
http://myweb.cableone.net/kd5fx/HSwitch/HSwitch.htm
This is using the 'easy' method where you can do it through the radio hole.
Save the wave!
Doc

Doc,
You should add your write up to the CAC's How To section, so it can be easily found by anyone needing to do this sort of fix in the future.

:w
-Patrick

I submitted it yesterday to the 'how to' section but haven't seen it listed yet. Maybe I submitted it wrong...
Dave

I suspect it's probably waiting in a queue to be uploaded. If it doesn't get posted in a day or so, post in here or PM me and I'll see what the hold up might be.

:w
-Patrick

Excellent instructions! Thanks!

I followed the instructions this weekend and thought of a couple of additional items. The first was the clue regarding removal of the front basil over the key fob. That clue told me to just use the key. Thanks again.

An additional lets make it easier, was the removal of the climate control unit. Removing it helped with the radio removal.

Thanks,
FLIR_man

Remove the climate control unit? I've never done that, how hard was it?
STW, Doc

Remove the climate control unit? I've never done that, how hard was it?
STW, Doc

Once the basil was removed there are two screws on the same bracket that holds the radio and a connector on the back of the climate control module.

After putting up with turn signal problems for months I finally had time to replace the hazard switch yesterday. I documented the whole method here:
http://myweb.cableone.net/kd5fx/HSwitch/HSwitch.htm
This is using the 'easy' method where you can do it through the radio hole.
Save the wave!
Doc
I took apart the old/bad switch today. Here's some pics for those who are curious...
HS044.JPG

Before
HS045.JPG

Top side
HS046.JPG

Bottom side, note the IC on the left side
HS047.JPG

Both together, the large black box looks like the 'clicker' to me. The thing you hear when the flashers or signals are on.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom