Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5 Owners Where Are You?

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Hey gang,

I've noticed that recently there's been very little activity out here on the C5 section. What's the deal? Have so many of you put your C5's away for the winter that depression has set in? Or are some of you institutionalized and just unable to communicate?

So how about it gang - what are you doing this winter? Any new mods, hobbies, girlfriends, vettes? Let's hear something before Rob shuts down the C5 section.

Remo:cool

2006188752747001490_fs.jpg

Hey Remo,
I don't think Rob will shut us down just yet, but I agree that I have been less than active on the C5 front. As you know from previous posts, the C5 (and the C4) are both hibernating in the heated garage under cover with their drip tubes (battery tenders) attached to their vital terminals. Not a whimper from any one of them - yet, but, like them, am waiting for the Spring. As you know, since you are from the portion of the US that defeated us in the World Series, it's only 5-6 weeks until the pitchers and catchers report to Florida and Arizona (my official groundhog day). Then I really get anxious to get the cars out, but the snow is usually too deep until end of March. Last year I thought it would not go away in time for CF07, but Patrick assured me that it would and he was right. In the interim, I read the posts and offer what insight I can, but it is not much. I also have the "honey do" list that the wife has me doing. Get a break for 3 months as she does the taxes, so I record old time radio when not at work. If it weren't for the CAC, I think I would go nuts; fortunately the members keep posting interesting items that keep me involved. I check daily for Comedy Central items. I also think about the Cleveland CF for 2008 and wonder when Dre will give us the exact dates. I know he is busy in the planning, so I don't bug him. I believe it will be the last week of June, and I should be retired by then.

So, to assist you in keeping Rob from closing the C5 forum, I will try to post something. Maybe I will just comment each week on what a great vette you have.
Barrett

Hello,,,,,,,, It's dead here in Montreal. Lots of snow and crappy weather. The C5 is under cover in my warm garage waiting for spring. My upcoming project is replacing my leather skins, I will be ordering them from www.leatherseats.com 90% leather only the rear of the seat is not leather. They charge for the ( Premium Plus leather kit...........,.$679.00). Sounds good ,,, no? ;shrug Have you ever heard of these guys ? I had one estimate the other guys ,, they wanted $2000 for just the skins. I would expect the whole seat frame for that amount. Know of any other good leather seat places ?
I'll keep you posted once I get them and do the install, but probably won't be until March. My son also has his 350z stored in the garage so I can't open my doors all the way to get the seats out.

Still here and still driving the vette (no storage issues for me).

Mine goes to Lingenfelter in 2weeks for the Remo package(heads and cam), engine oil cooler,2,800 stall Yank torque converter and a HD aluminum radiator.Because I want to.And the Dragon needs a good whipping.

Hello,,,,,,,, It's dead here in Montreal. Lots of snow and crappy weather. The C5 is under cover in my warm garage waiting for spring. My upcoming project is replacing my leather skins, I will be ordering them from www.leatherseats.com 90% leather only the rear of the seat is not leather. They charge for the ( Premium Plus leather kit...........,.$679.00). Sounds good ,,, no? ;shrug Have you ever heard of these guys ? I had one estimate the other guys ,, they wanted $2000 for just the skins. I would expect the whole seat frame for that amount. Know of any other good leather seat places ?
I'll keep you posted once I get them and do the install, but probably won't be until March. My son also has his 350z stored in the garage so I can't open my doors all the way to get the seats out.
If you want 100% leather seats, I bought mine from Ecklers last summer and am very happy with them. The upholsterer I hired to install them was even impressed. They are dyed all the way through and triple stitched. They even smell good when you get in the car and fit better than the originals. I think I paid about $900 for both seats and another $450 for installation. I also replaced some of the foam especially in the drivers seat. My friend sat down and said they even felt better than the orginals.

What ever you do, don't buy the Mid-America version that is leather and vinyl. Mine deteriorated 3 months after they were put on. The bolster piping wore down to the fabric backing. Oh, did I mention that I had one seam rip during the installation.

I've been itching to wash and detail my C5 for several days now - but the weather has been a pain... not snow - rain. ;squint:

As soon as I get some decent weather I'll detail her and take new photos.

:wJane Ann

Dwayne

Now this shot brings back some pleasant memories. I believe this
was where we decided to end the rivalry thread know as "Millennium Yellow
vs. Quicksilver." How come my hair looked so gray? Was that some sort of
trick lense your wife was using?:L

BGA-MYvsQSClosing.jpg

Dwayne

Now this shot brings back some pleasant memories. I believe this
was where we decided to end the rivalry thread know as "Millennium Yellow
vs. Quicksilver." How come my hair looked so gray? Was that some sort of
trick lense your wife was using?:L

Remo,
You're hair is quicksilver- it's color matched to your Corvette. ;)

We've been averaging a snowfall twice a week since early December around here, and the roads are still pretty covered with sand and gravel, so my poor Corvette has been garage-bound for a while now.

-Patrick

Patrick I am just up the road from you and I haven't had my Vette out since November either. There is a guy that works in my building ane he has driven his C5 almost every day so far this winter and it's a vert. I just don't want to risk having someone sliding on ice or snow hitting me so my baby will stay in the garage for a while.

Lots of reading but not much posting. C5 sleeping so I've got to be quite. More snow expected tonight after we had a near record amount of December snow. Just my luck, first real winter in years and it happens after I get my C5. And if it's not snowing it's raining here in Brew City

I'm so glad I don't live in an area that requires me to put my C5 in hibernation!

Drove mine on Tuesday.....and will drive it again on Saturday.....sigh......

DC

I'm still waiting... :W

InterCity Transport told me they have to get 200+ cars to Scottsdale, AZ by the 12th :eek and the weather is causing havoc... I'm still on their LIST! :crazy

Bud

Mine goes to Lingenfelter in 2weeks for the Remo package(heads and cam), engine oil cooler,2,800 stall Yank torque converter and a HD aluminum radiator.Because I want to.And the Dragon needs a good whipping.

Jay, what is this??? Donna finally give in and turn on the green light
for the "PROJECT"?? :D Good for you. Don't know if the Dragon can
stand it.. :eek:hnoes

Like many, mine are in the garage with over two and a half feet of
snow around it but looking forward to spring. Maybe at this rate, I
could get to drive them at least a couple of months this year. :eyerole

Jay - nice to hear about this. Did you have any discussion with them about cam selection? Depending on the emmisions inspection in your area - you can select a little more aggressive cam and squeak out some more HP. I dealt with Tim Dyer and he was great. At any rate this is terrific news you're going to love the results.

Still driving my 02Z around! Will drive it through the winter on the good days. To depressing to look at it sitting still in the garage. almost 54K now.:D:beer Don

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom