Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C5'ers - Winter Soon

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
I know many of you think I get sort of cranky when winter begins to set in up here in New Engalnd - and you wouldn't be wrong. I also know that in a couple of months the subject of who drives their C5 in snow will eventually raise it's ugly head. So on behalf of all you brave snow driver I decided to contact the Tire Rack to see what they recommended for equipment to drive a C5 successfully through snow. http://www.tirerack.com/snow/Winter...&autoModel=Corvette&autoYear=2001&autoModClar=

Well imagine my confusion when they didn't recommend anything. So I called and spoke to one of their reps. He said they really didn't think piloting a Corvette through snow was the brightest thing one might do. Well I was floored. I told him that I've read many testimonials on various Corvette websites from people who regularly drive C5's in the snow. His respose was "yes, and we pray for them everyday".

Remo:cool

Remo-
I will be running a special on your winter meds shortly.
Jim

He said they really didn't think piloting a Corvette through snow was the brightest thing one might do. Well I was floored. I told him that I've read many testimonials on various Corvette websites from people who regularly drive C5's in the snow. His respose was "yes, and we pray for them everyday".

Dearest Remo,
:Buttslap
Signed,
Waiting For The First Snow To Fall, Should Be Any Day Now

I sure am glad I live in the south :D

I know many of you think I get sort of cranky when winter begins to set in up here in New Engalnd

We don't "think," Remo. We know you get cranky. It happens to the elderly.

I also know that in a couple of months the subject of who drives their C5 in snow will eventually raise it's ugly head.

Only because you raise it every year about this time. :crazy

Well imagine my confusion when they didn't recommend anything. So I called and spoke to one of their reps. He said they really didn't think piloting a Corvette through snow was the brightest thing one might do. Well I was floored. I told him that I've read many testimonials on various Corvette websites from people who regularly drive C5's in the snow. His respose was "yes, and we pray for them everyday".

Regarding your seasonal meds, Remo... would you prefer the horse-sized pills, or a continuous intravenous drip until next March?

-Patrick

I know many of you think I get sort of cranky when winter begins to set in up here in New Engalnd - and you wouldn't be wrong.

Your not alone. Have started to clean out the spot in the garage for "the baby", cleaning the car cover, checking anti-freeze and all that. :ugh
My depression depends more as the days shorten and the nights get
colder. At least this year I get to put it off a little longer until I get back from riding the Tail of the Dragon in Oct. with the Southeast crew. :Twist

But then it is back to that nasty old winter!!! :cry

New England, ROFLMAO! You poor pitiful frozen wretches;LOL. Mine might see a few weeks total garage time and thats just while I wait for the salt to be rinsed off the road with some rain. Rain, you ask? That's the wet stuff that falls in the winter when you don't live in New England.

New England, ROFLMAO! You poor pitiful frozen wretches;LOL Rain, you ask? That's the wet stuff that falls in the winter when you don't live in New England.

Oh Yes, we have rain in the winter and it comes in unique little droplets that bounce, and coat the road in a shinny glaze that makes everything real fun!!
:D

Remo, for heaven's sake, it isn't even October yet :L :L
I know, you just like to torment those nice tire rack people for your amusement.

Come on down with Old Dog and Vett Boy for the Tail of the Dragon next month. I promise, there won't be any snow down here. Maybe a few wet leaves is all.

Tammy

Just had to comment on this one....seeing as a local club non-member got stuck in a 1+ foot snow drift last weekend...in a C5 too I do believe.

He could probably use some of Remo's meds..... :L

Bill

Regarding your seasonal meds, Remo... would you prefer the horse-sized pills, or a continuous intravenous drip until next March?

-Patrick

I'll take the pills. Last year I went with the drip and what a mess that was. Besides, Jim is arranging for a hugh discount this year to keep me sufficiently under the radar at a resonable cost.:crazy

For winter here in So Fla, we may throw on a sweatshirt...maybe....;) But then again, there ARE those pesky hurricanes....

I'll take the pills. Last year I went with the drip and what a mess that was. Besides, Jim is arranging for a hugh discount this year to keep me sufficiently under the radar at a resonable cost.:crazy

You, Remo, "under the radar" in the middle of winter. That would definately be a first. :L

As far as the pills, I'm sure DRTH VTR is well stocked to keep you docile over the long, cold, dark months of your Vette's hibernation. Just one question- given the size of these pills, are we going to need to crush them up and stir them into your prune juice?
:confused

By the way- I think Tire Rack has added your number to their "do not answer" list when it shows up on their caller ID.

:w
-Patrick

As far as the pills, I'm sure DRTH VTR is well stocked to keep you docile over the long, cold, dark months of your Vette's hibernation. Just one question- given the size of these pills, are we going to need to crush them up and stir them into your prune juice?
:confused

-Patrick

After last winter's fiasco, I think a new dosing method is indicated. Remo got to the point where his constant drooling and his brain dysfunction made getting pills down him very difficult. This year, I think suppositories may be just the ticket!

??????

After last winter's fiasco, I think a new dosing method is indicated. Remo got to the point where his constant drooling and his brain dysfunction made getting pills down him very difficult. This year, I think suppositories may be just the ticket!

Suppositories?:ugh

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom