Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Corvette? Where? Oh. That thing?

• Thread starter 18 with a C5. Damn.
  • Start date

18 with a C5. Damn.

As I come to find out, I'm not the only one who is upset by the new body style of the upcoming C6 Vette. It seems that GM is following in the footsteps of a good number of car companies. Sadly, that trend is substituting sleek, stylish curves for computer generated straight lines. To quote a reader response from Road & Track, "What Dave Hill ought to do is spend some bucks and do some focus groups with former/current Corvette owners and see what we'd like for a next-generation Vette. (Mike Langieri)" I believe this to be an excellent idea. If GM is looking for a more futuristic body, I suggest taking a look at the 1998 Calloway C12 (http://www.plattsville.demon.co.uk/mypics/second/Image8.jpg). This is an excellent interpretation of the C5, and the only major deviation aside from body style is the lack of the four oval lights on back. At the age of 18, my experience with Vettes may not be as much as many owners, but i do feel that I represent an upcoming generation of Vette owners. If the body style of the C6 is any indication of the future GM has planned for the Corvette, I would hate to see the C7 and beyond.

ROAD___TRACK_CUT_OUT.jpg

No a bad looking car IMHO. :)

I think you're opinion is a little bit influenced though, considering you're trying to sell them.

I`m a Corvette enthusiast first and then a sales person. :)

well that's the important thing

oops

oops, i posted a mistake, i misread what u said

This photo has a lot more that is inaccurate than accurate..

Don't sweat it..the C6 is a stunning design..

Yes. It certainly is stunning. That's for sure. But this isn't stunning-like you've just seen the Mona Lisa-stunning. No. This is more stunning-like you've just had a cold metal rod inserted into your rectum-stunning. I think that describes it accurately enough.

:_rock

LT1Vettepilot said:
Anyone else see the resemblence with the Nissan 350Z?

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!

I think it's pretty gross. I'm still barely warmed up to the look of the C5, let alone what this 'thing' is looking like. Chevy oughta be a bit more serious and get back to the drawing board. Or, go back a few steps and take the CERV-IV Indy 500 model. This new 'preview' design is uglier then the '03 Viper!

looks like a computer generated image just like the ones that I have seen for the "new" camaro thats nots suppose to be happening:eyerole

The actual photos of the C6 are no more astounding than the computer generated ones.

I am one of those "I'll believe it when I see it", so until it makes headlines across all magazines "THE NEW C6" then I'll believe it, until then.......

Well,maybe it looks better in person.Sometimes pictures can't do justice,ya know.:Twist

yeah I agree on that to.

The C5 is just barely growing on me, with some nice rims and some ground effects they look awesome!!

We'll see how the C6 turns out. Actually the car in that pic doesn't look bad. Its got a kinda European car taste to it!

I think the European taste the C6 may seem to have is part of the problem. It's an American sports car.

Please tell me that the red "thing" in that photo was "not" a corvette. Please....:puke :cry

The last thing GM needs to do is spend money on "focus groups." All it tends to do is water down the product, like the RX-7....er... NSX... er.....I mean, C5 for example. GM needs to let the designers exercise their creative talents and then, see what is doable.

--Bullitt

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom