Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Didn't Wave

Remo,

We ALL wave, but not to you!
Threads like this makes me want to wave to you all the way to Carlisle - the one finger wave. ;LOL

:w
Guy

Ah man - now I'm starting to get a complex.:L

Remo:cool

Say it isn't so Remo! Maybe you should start an oil filter thread here... Or a "how do you change your own oil" thread. :) I mean, if you don't have anything else going on... ;)

Leon

Leon - what a great idea. OK, let's hear from all you guys that change your own oil so you can have that Zen moment with your car. I'm particularly interested in all the jacking up stuff, then the jack stands, then the further jacking to make sure you got "every" drop out. Then the further jacking to get it off the stands. And then there's the choice of oil filter. Did you go with a PF46 or do you perfer one of those super high performace double wall jobs for extra protection when you're out there shutting down those ricers?:L

Probably some hipster duffis, that knows nothing about the Vette except where the gas goes and driving to the country club to spend more of daddies money!

I wave at all Vettes! :w

Leon - what a great idea. OK, let's hear from all you guys that change your own oil so you can have that Zen moment with your car. I'm particularly interested in all the jacking up stuff, then the jack stands, then the further jacking to make sure you got "every" drop out. Then the further jacking to get it off the stands. And then there's the choice of oil filter. Did you go with a PF46 or do you perfer one of those super high performace double wall jobs for extra protection when you're out there shutting down those ricers?:L

Remo,
The minute you start contemplating yet another thread about oil changes, it's time for me to get the keys to the medicine cabinet out.

-Patrick

Ahhhhhhhhhhh .... oil changes. So slippery and warm, yet so hard to get off without the right tool. I like to be on the bottom, getting the nut off ......

I'll wave at you when it's over ...

I had a guy in a C6 behind me in the other lane actually blow his horn twice to get my attention. The first time I heard it but didn't see him. He must have been in that wonderful blind spot. While I was getting on the on-ramp he honk again and waved as he drove by.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh .... oil changes. So slippery and warm, yet so hard to get off without the right tool. I like to be on the bottom, getting the nut off ......

I'll wave at you when it's over ...

Whew! I think I need a cigarette now! :L

Hey Remo,
There may be some other folks in my same condition. The reason I might not wave is "I just plain didn't see ya" because I'm 3/4 blind. It's hard to wave at people you don't see.

Now why are all these cars coming straight at me driving the wrong way...

I've noticed more and more C6 guys not waving. I was sitting at a light in Richmond just this week and a C6 pulled up beside me. I looked over at the guy (mid 50's) and I waved. He looked at me and then just pulled away from the light when it turned green. I laughed and blew by him at 45 mph....

Hey Remo,
There may be some other folks in my same condition. The reason I might not wave is "I just plain didn't see ya" because I'm 3/4 blind. It's hard to wave at people you don't see.

That's the way my parents and in-laws are when thet're out in their Corvettes. By the time they realize you're in another Corvette, you're way past 'em.

As it just so happens I was going to post a thread asking where the hell all of the Vettes in my area had gone. I've been driving it to work every day for about three or so weeks and I've only seen three or four Vettes and only one wave.....FROM A C6 OWNER! (black Z06)

But then this morning I gave and received a huge out of the roof wave form a yellow Shark! Yeah baby, yeah!!!

As it just so happens I was going to post a thread asking where the hell all of the Vettes in my area had gone. I've been driving it to work every day for about three or so weeks and I've only seen three or four Vettes and only one wave.....FROM A C6 OWNER! (black Z06)

But then this morning I gave and received a huge out of the roof wave form a yellow Shark! Yeah baby, yeah!!!

eric,

i think all the vettes in manassas moved to sunny florida:D . come on down!!!

New vette owner's ???????????

All that l can say is that most of the first time vette owners have no clue nor do they care period.

This morning on the way to the beach l passed two C6 verts both drivers approx 65 yrs + that didn't even look my way and of course when l waved they drove by like l didn't exist.

It's the sign of the times.

Alan

Lest too many C6 drivers get unduly bashed, I have to say I got an enthusiastic wave from a black C6 yesterday (and yes, I responded with an above the windshield wave back to him.)

p

There's always going to be an aspect to Corvette ownership that will wrankle true Corvette enthusiasts- the Corvette appeals to people of means who are more interested in owning "the newest thing." These are people to whom the history and heritage of Corvette culture mean nothing, nor are they likely to truly care if it's explained to them. They get Corvette because it's expensive and they can afford it. In a year, they'll trade it in for something equally expensive (Jaguar, Lincoln Navigator, whatever- these types have no particular marquee loyalty.)

In the late 90's and early 2000's, it was the C5. Now, because it's the "newest," it will be the C6.

All we can do is wave and see if they wave back.

:w
-Patrick

I stand corrected !!!!!!!!!!!

Your right but when l give the wave and there is no reply my wife looks at me like l'm a mental patient.

But l guess it will take time for the new vette owners to come around.

Alan

I must admit that sometimes I just don't notice a Vette coming the other way and neglect to wave. Sometimes just dealing with the driving and the wife in the next seat causes me to just not notice a Vette coming at me.

It's a lucky man whose wife loves Vettes as much as he does. Even if they love the top-off summer fun and driving the best ride on the road, most of them just don't have the performance and style DNA it takes to understand what it's really about.

If she doesn't know why you wave whether they wave back or not ... the light hasn't come on. I wanted a Vette all my life ... didn't get one until three years ago, even though I could afford it. But then one day there was a confluence of events and alignment of the stars ... I bought her an expensive ring on our 30th and we flew to Canada for a Guess Who concert and yadda, yadda, yadda ..... bingo ... red '84 Vette.

She still doesn't get it ... hardly ever rides in it and never drove it once. Do I care? Hell no. I'm just sorry I was domesticated (PW) for so long and didn't have my first one 20 years ago. Now It's part of my soul and I'll never be without at least one Corvette. It's God's way of telling you your heart is free ...

I am very lucky that my wife enjoys cruising in our two Vettes almost as much as I do. We spend almost every weekend cruising and attending shows in the 64. She hasn't really driven the 64 since we got it but she has taken the 05 out a couple of times.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom