Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Didn't Wave

I think they don't wave because they are a newbie. When I got my first one I saw people waving and finally figured it out. Plus I found this website and learned about the wave. I think they will also learn and wave eventually.

Their mind is going !

Hi

While the average age of C6 buyers l'm sure is 60 yrs plus and being that it's their first vette you have to cut them some slack. Also at their age their eye sight is waning along with their mind.

So if they don't wave just think that someday you will be in their position.

Alan

Hi

While the average age of C6 buyers l'm sure is 60 yrs plus and being that it's their first vette you have to cut them some slack. Also at their age their eye sight is waning along with their mind.

So if they don't wave just think that someday you will be in their position.

Alan

Actually I am in their postion:cry .
Remo:w
spring07.JPG

Ah the wave let me explain it as it was explained to me back in 1962 by my late uncle who was a Sports Car owner.

Sports car owners Wave:w

owners of the lower priced cars (MG, Triumph, Sunbeam,Healeys and the like) wave to each other, the mid price cars (Corvette, Jaguar, Porshe,etc) wave to each other and sometimes to the lower priced cars. The high end stuff Ferraris, Maseratis and Lambo's only wave to each other and never wave to a lower priced cars. Now remember this was back in 1962.
Corvettes are still around and any of the others that survive are all high priced now;LOL

owners of the lower priced cars (MG, Triumph, Sunbeam,Healeys and the like) wave to each other

I had an MGB a few years back (cough in the 70's cough)...back then it was de rigeur to flash your headlights at other MGs. :cool

I was a kid in 1959 when my dad traded in my favorite-ever car of his, a '59 Pontiac Bonneville, to get a Mercedes Benz. Didn't see many of those back then on the road. But, in those days, their tradition was a short beep of the horn to one another. I remember well as I was the chief scout, always on the lookout and never letting my dad forget to toot! Thank goodness that tradition has passed; all we'd hear is honking around the DFW metroplex now days. Still don't like Mercedes becasue of the trade!

I have had two vettes so far in my life and it seems lately that the waves are not as many as there were. I do my part but I agree with some of the replies on the forum that some of the vette owners do not know the reason behind the waves anyway. We are waving at a fine automobile.

I have had two vettes so far in my life and it seems lately that the waves are not as many as there were. I do my part but I agree with some of the replies on the forum that some of the vette owners do not know the reason behind the waves anyway. We are waving at a fine automobile.

Hey there neighbor! I'll keep on the lookout here on the Coast for a white C5 coupe, and I promise I'll wave when I see you! ;)

I think many times it's more of a safety issue than a snub when other Corvette drivers don't wave. And then there are those who either don't know the tradition - or choose to ignore it. That's their loss... at least I've paid my respects to their Vette.

:w Jane Ann

Hey there neighbor! I'll keep on the lookout here on the Coast for a white C5 coupe, and I promise I'll wave when I see you! ;)

I think many times it's more of a safety issue than a snub when other Corvette drivers don't wave. And then there are those who either don't know the tradition - or choose to ignore it. That's their loss... at least I've paid my respects to their Vette.

:w Jane Ann

I will be down there in June for the meet if my schedule holds up. Glad to see a MS connection on here.

I will be down there in June for the meet if my schedule holds up. Glad to see a MS connection on here.

June meet? Is that "Vettes by the Shore" you're talking about? I may actually be able to make that this year - the last few years I've missed it because of either CruiseFest or work schedule.

We've got a few MS members here... but I'm definitely the most talkative. :L

BTW - have you checked out the SE region forum? Click here A bunch of us are getting together for a Tail of the Dragon run the weekend of May 5th and 6th. Here's a link to our Headcount thread if you want to check it out.

See you on the highway!
vetwave_C5magred.gif
Jane Ann

June meet? Is that "Vettes by the Shore" you're talking about? I may actually be able to make that this year - the last few years I've missed it because of either CruiseFest or work schedule.

We've got a few MS members here... but I'm definitely the most talkative. :L

BTW - have you checked out the SE region forum? Click here A bunch of us are getting together for a Tail of the Dragon run the weekend of May 5th and 6th. Here's a link to our Headcount thread if you want to check it out.

See you on the highway!
vetwave_C5magred.gif
Jane Ann

Yes the "Vettes By the Shore". Tail of the Dragon hmmmmmm, early May sounds like a good time to go. I will check out the links for sure. :w

WAVE.jpg

Remo:w

I support the wave and I'll wave at a tired beater Vette that's smokin' and rattlin', because even though the guy doesn't have any money, he's still determined to drive a Vette and I respect that.

I hear that. . . . . . . money doesn't necessarily make you happy but it will work until something better comes along ;LOL

Bill :beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom