Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C6 Didn't Wave

Remo

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible
Hey a guy in a C6 Victory Yellow convertible didn't wave. Does this mean the "C5's don't wave" myth is now being passed on to the C6 drivers? One can only hope.

Remo:cool

Hey a guy in a C6 Victory Yellow convertible didn't wave. Does this mean the "C5's don't wave" myth is now being passed on to the C6 drivers? One can only hope.

So you may know. I am a C5 owner and also have a modified C1

I never get waves in the C1 or C2 frrm anything newer then a C3

Just last night I was at a cruise and a dapper guy jumps out of C6 with all kinds of corvette gear on. Strolls by and says

"Cool Car almost looks like a vette or something is that a kit?"

I just said YUP

This may explain why no one waves at me.

Here's one from OKC!:w
I've been conducting an informal research study on the wave since I got my Vette; I will always wave to an oncoming Vette of any age or style.

MAYBE one in ten will wave back.

Signed,
Running Off to Apply For That Federal Grant Now

:w

I've been conducting an informal research study on the wave since I got my Vette; I will always wave to an oncoming Vette of any age or style.

MAYBE one in ten will wave back.

Signed,
Running Off to Apply For That Federal Grant Now

I wave at every vette I see and feel bad if for some reason I missed one. Usually my beautiful wife is with me and she is always there for a backup or duel wave lol.

Remo, you should have just dropped your foot and waived "bye-bye" instead of "hi fellow enthusiast".

beatadeadhorse.gif
beatadeadhorse.gif
beatadeadhorse.gif

Dwayne - it was a slow day on the C5 section so I thought I'd start one of the old favorite subjects - with a different spin. Looks like it working pretty well so far. What's with these guys beating dead horses? Is there a message in there for me?:L

Maybe he was ashamed it was yellow? :D

Like I said long ago, only a few new Corvettes are sold to Corvette/car enthusiasts. They are sold to the "I have more money than you crowd"

With your nose that far in the air , its hard to see another Vette much less wave. ;LOL

Say it isn't so Remo! Maybe you should start an oil filter thread here... Or a "how do you change your own oil" thread. :) I mean, if you don't have anything else going on... ;)

Leon

I wave to all the crossed flags and get about an 80 percent response. I'd say that about 10 percent of them were folks that just didn't see me because they were watching traffic or some sweet jigglin's walkin' along. That means a few thought I was a prick because I didn't see them and didn't wave. I like the ladies ....

As for the other appx. 10 percent ... a mix of concours C1s, 2s and hotrod 3s, but I usually get good responses from 5s and 6s.

I support the wave and I'll wave at a tired beater Vette that's smokin' and rattlin', because even though the guy doesn't have any money, he's still determined to drive a Vette and I respect that.

"Cool Car almost looks like a vette or something is that a kit?"

I just said YUP

This may explain why no one waves at me.

"is that a kit?" .....That is just so horribly wrong :(
unbelievable!!

Yep, I think the no-wave torch has been passed to the next generation :L

Yeah, this subject can never be beat enough :L :L

Remo,

We ALL wave, but not to you!
Threads like this makes me want to wave to you all the way to Carlisle - the one finger wave. ;LOL

Guy

The Wave is Vanishing !!!!!!!!!

It's really true that maybe one out of 10 vettes will take the time to wave. My wife said that the wave belongs to a true vette lover only.

Now being 62 maybe l shouldn't through stones but it seems in the last few years all that l see driving late model vettes are old greying people (if they are so lucky) behind the wheel thinking that they have arrived.

Today l am barely able to speak to fellow vette owners about what was instead of what is.

At one point in time l was affraid to pull over on the side of a road for a quick pit stop or check a map or take a break because if a fellow vette came by they would stop to see if they can help. Today people just mind their own business.

Alan

Yeah it really doesn't matter what year, generation it is. The nonwaving vettes are all about the same percentage. Most of the vette's around here know my car, and I know there's so naturally we all wave to each other. I know I have missed some. As long as people keep doing it, the wave will survive.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom