Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C6 roof panel storage systems

greydbj

Corvette
1981 Charcoal Grey; 2009 Black Coupe
I bought a 2009 Coupe last summer and have both roof panels for it. I was wondering what type of garage storage systems others use so as to free up the cargo area, but more importantly, keep the roof panels off the garage floor and protect them from 'errant kids and/or objects'. I have seen one style sold by a couple of the aftermarket suppliers...basically a metal T-Bar looking device. Is there anything else? What to other members use?

I recently saw a photo of appears to be a 'custom/home made unit' but somehow lost the link and now I cannot find it anywhere...I am sure it was on the CAC as I don't frequent any other Corvette sites.

Any help suggestions would be appreciated....thanks a ton...

dbj

When I had a dual roof car, I just wrapped the spare roof in a beach towel and slid it under a bed in the house. No extra cost and no problems for me - no kids either.

I recently saw a photo of appears to be a 'custom/home made unit' but somehow lost the link and now I cannot find it anywhere...I am sure it was on the CAC as I don't frequent any other Corvette sites.

Any help suggestions would be appreciated....thanks a ton...

dbj

I bought a wall hanger from Zip Products for the extra top on my C5. I'm not sure how the C6 tops have changed but you might try looking at their website to see what's available. I like mine. Good luck.

Dennis

The part is called
05-10 Roof Panel Wall Hanger

Second Top

I found that the living room sofa was a great storage device...then the wife noticed it!

I thought of that too, but the Mrs is a little faster on the uptake and 'read my mind'...you know now they are!!

Thanks...I had a look at these...did you put any rubber or soft material on the hangers where front fasteners rest?

When I had a dual roof car, I just wrapped the spare roof in a beach towel and slid it under a bed in the house. No extra cost and no problems for me - no kids either.

I did the same thing, and since I just changed in Spring and Fall, it was no big deal.

I bought the storage bag from GM, (actually found one new the owner didn't want). Slipped the top inside the bag and hung it on the garage wall about 5 feet up and out of harms way.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom