Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: C6 Shaking

My 2006 convertible front end is shaking like hell after about 20 MPH and it doesn't stop at any speed! I changed both front tires and it didn't stop the shaking.

Wow!

First off ....Welcome to CAC. :w I am extremely interested in your problem... I can't offer any advice, but, would like to hear what you find and how you are able to fix it. Maybe someone else here has a recommendation.

Harmonic balancer would be my guess. My understanding is that almost all C6 vettes will suffer this ailment at some point.

I'll assume from the short OP that it only shakes when the car is moving.

Have the rear tires balanced.

I would have a service facility inspect all of the front suspension, rear suspension and steering. Repair as necessary then align all four wheels.

Last edited:
My 2006 convertible front end is shaking like hell after about 20 MPH and it doesn't stop at any speed! I changed both front tires and it didn't stop the shaking.
Anything feel loose when you changed the tires? Last time I had a car do that it was a broken tie rod, but then you steering would have gone out.

I finally got my 2006 to stop shaking so bad! It turned out to be the rear tires. I had both rear tires changed and now it drives just as smooth as it did the day it came off the assembly line.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom