Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

c6

J

john klik

the c6 has got to stay with the v8. it has got to be as long, wide and low as possible. it has got to have adaptable ride control.

Agreed, but do you think that the Corvette will be able to compete on even ground with the Dodge Viper while carrying a V8? Don't forget, Dodge is coming out with an all new Viper that will probably be meaner and quicker than the present one.

-Rob, Site Admin.
CorvetteNH.com

there is a school of thought that says 2003 will be the last CHEVROLET Corvette - the C4 in 2004 being a son of Cadillac and PERHAPS that prototype EVOQ 6 Cyl aluminum "Northstar" - that would be interesting , they're getting 400+ HP out of it .... you tell me ???

------------------
View
www.lazyinn.net/page5.html - if you aint scared you aint going fast enough

400+ HP from a V6? I bet it won't last 20K miles before letting go.
I agree with John, Keep the V8. If Chevrolet tries to out do the Viper with the C6, it will get so expensive, none of us will be able to afford it. How mutch fun is that?

------------------
1986 Red Convertable
4+3 Indy Pace Car

It's been said before, and I think it bears repeating; Chevy isn't really concerned about an all out HP war with Dodge. Hell with an extra two cylinders can you blame Chevy. Besides, when Chevy started to develop the idea for the ZR-1 they polled current 'vette owners and the general public on what kind of engine should be in a Corvette. The options where a TT V-6, an ultra powerful V-8 (Ala LT-5) or an all new V-10. The response was overwhelmingly in favor of a V-8.

IMO, Chevy should keep the overall super car image instead of focusing on just horsepower. I think that the ZO-6 is a step in the right direction. What would make me really happy would be an all new ZR-1 some time in the next 10 years. If Chevy was to hold true to the "king of the hill" title then the Viper would be in for a rude awakening.

------------------
Grand Sport #328
Tag: EyeCandy
Borla Exhaust, K&N
stephens328-150.jpg

Attachments

• Dad's 1976 'Vette 008.jpg
    Dad's 1976 'Vette 008.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 104
Twiget....

Keep your eyes and ears peeled to the Corvette Rumor Mill....lots of good things are going to be coming in the future!
wink.gif

-Rob, Site Admin.
CorvetteNH.com

the current info out of detroit is a twin cam pushrod engine. 2 cams in the block,one for intake,and one for the exhaust. this way they can change the valve timing between the intake and exhaust without the weight and size of a dual overhead cam engine.

------------------
corvette owner since 1959.present ride 1999 C5 coupe

Motorman,

I heard that same rumor about the dual cam design. I also heard that GM was playing with an idea for a variable displacement engine. Something like Cadillacs' defunct 8-6-4 engine.

As a side bar, I don't suppose you could amaze us with your resume of previous Corvettes could you?

------------------
Grand Sport #328
Tag: EyeCandy
Borla Exhaust, K&N
stephens328-150.jpg

the following were bought new, 1959 with just std engine. this was the corvette the wife and i went on our honeymoon in,1962 340hp painted 1955 chev anniversary gold from the factory,1963 340hp SWC,1964 365 hp coupe, 1965 396 425 hp conv picked up at the factory in st louis,1966 450 hp conv. took time out to have a son so we got into Z-28 camaros in 1968 and 1969 and 1970 454 450 hp chevelle because we needed more seats. after retiring and seeing the new C5s i got a 1997 coupe and now have a 1999 coupe.

------------------
corvette owner since 1959.present ride 1999 C5 coupe

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom