Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Engine failure

US MARINE VET

Corvette
2016 LT1
I bought a new 2016 Corvette Stingray LT1, and soon after experienced transmission issues. . I was told that there was a problem with the transmission flex plate. . A few days later I picked up my car and was told the problem was fixed. A few days went by and as I pulled on to my home street the Automatic transmission would not go out of third gear luckily I was at my driveway when this occurred. As I pulled half way up my driveway the car completed shutoff. I placed it in park and push the start button and started smelling burnt wires. I had it towed back to the dealer and the engine is out of the car and completely torn apart. The transmission, torque tube, are also out of the car. I am then told that it needs a new engine by the service manager. Car has less than 7K miles on it. I asked what is causing the problem and he has no answer for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2471.jpg
    IMG_2471.jpg
    248.1 KB · Views: 308
That really sucks, I hope they find out why and that they can fix it to your satisfaction.

I can't even imagine what you're feeling in this situation... :ugh

Mac

You're having the work done at Reliable Chevrolet, aren't you?

Engine Failure

You're having the work done at Reliable Chevrolet, aren't you?
If you bought it there tell them they can have the car. GM must replace your car with a new one.
No going forward on this. No excuse for this to happen. That car will never be the same. Get a good attorney that works for consumers. This is on GM.

corvette addict

Contact your state Attorney General. Lemon Laws differ by state. Someone in the office will be able to help you know when to start the process.

I bought a new 2016 Corvette Stingray LT1, and soon after experienced transmission issues. . I was told that there was a problem with the transmission flex plate. . A few days later I picked up my car and was told the problem was fixed. A few days went by and as I pulled on to my home street the Automatic transmission would not go out of third gear luckily I was at my driveway when this occurred. As I pulled half way up my driveway the car completed shutoff. I placed it in park and push the start button and started smelling burnt wires. I had it towed back to the dealer and the engine is out of the car and completely torn apart. The transmission, torque tube, are also out of the car. I am then told that it needs a new engine by the service manager. Car has less than 7K miles on it. I asked what is causing the problem and he has no answer for me.

Update?

C7 Engine FAILURE and payments

I guess if you are paying payments you might not be able to "just say replace the car" like I said. Although it really comes down to who gets screwed. The bank(or whomever), the dealer(although they rarely lose), or the payer. I think I know who ultimately loses. Doesn't GM just say "fix it, its under warranty" Very bad situation. I could never be comfortable with that car again. Sometimes emotions run higher than the pocket book.

corvette addict

It reflects badly on the OP to see that he never returned to provide an update. Seems that GM made good and he's driving a new Corvette. CAC was just one of several Corvette sites he bombarded with a one sided story.

It reflects badly on the OP to see that he never returned to provide an update. Seems that GM made good and he's driving a new Corvette. CAC was just one of several Corvette sites he bombarded with a one sided story.

True, but what would be the other side of a shelled motor and sucky dealer response?

That's just his side of the story. What's the other side? (Hint- read the whole story over on CF)

Machines break. That's why there's a warranty.

GM honoured the warranty and in fact went above and beyond.

That's just his side of the story. What's the other side? (Hint- read the whole story over on CF)

Machines break. That's why there's a warranty.

GM honoured the warranty and in fact went above and beyond.

Good to hear, the Op made one post ( a seemly legitimate bitch) and never returned, I agree with you Mike

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom