Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Info

Bob's C6

Corvette
2008 Velocity Yellow Coupe
If this is the new C7,I'll have to start saving my lunch money now! I'd buy this in a heart-beat and my favorite color too.
detail_corvette_front2.jpg

large_corvette_rear.jpg

Also they say an Automatic will be avalable for the ZO6 and SS in this article.

http://www.gminsidenews.com/naias/revitalization/chevroletria/corvette.shtml

Make all versions as wide bodies also.

Not for Me

It doesn't do anything for me. The front has that comical cartoonish expression from the Transformer movie vehicles. The eyebrows over the taillights are a lame excuse for a redesign. This statement from their website says it best; "In this RIA, our C7 Corvette's styling follows an more evolutionary, rather then revolutionary path."

This would at best be a C6 1/4 model. More in the chrome bumper to soft bumper C3 model evolution trend.

Just my opinion.

C7?

With headlights from a Pontiac Sunbird/Sunfire(?) and a Honda grill opening, who's been drinkin' from the Photochop bowl? Next Vette's gotta be better than that.

I just hope there's enough buyers to keep BG going. Hate the 75 worker layoff headline :W

Does anyone here expect another ZR-1 Nordschliefe assault. That Viper time is pretty good - for a MARGINALLY stock car. "Hardcore Package" :puke

Looks like a cosmetically upgraded C6 to me. Yea bad deal with the workers at BG....... Speaking of such, corvette should come up with a knockout C7 and make some sales to bringthose people back. A copycat version and higher pricetag is not gonna help at all

GM announced last month that the C7 program has been cancelled.

GM announced last month that the C7 program has been cancelled.

Hib, your insights are always highly respected yet I missed this announcement..

Can you give insight as to where this was announced..?

Maybe a link?

TIA

JB

C7 - The Indicator

Hate to say it, but that's a real indicator of GM's expectations for the near term US economy. Pretty sad condition inflicted upon the country - from within.
At least we have the dominating current C6 lineup to rule the sportcar world. Any expectations on another ZR-1 Nordschleife run? Would be nice to see sub 7:20 :beer

Hate to say it, but that's a real indicator of GM's expectations for the near term US economy. Pretty sad condition inflicted upon the country - from within.

I think it's more related to Corvette sales...they're in the toilet...so few that the car is, for the first time in a decade or more, not turning a profit.

At least we have the dominating current C6 lineup to rule the sportcar world. Any expectations on another ZR-1 Nordschleife run? Would be nice to see sub 7:20 :beer

As wonderful as that'd be, it's unlikely that GM will spend any more money marketing the ZR-1 with runs around the Nurburgring. The car has one maybe two more model years.

We will never again see cars like the Z06 or the ZR-1.

Thanks for the updates Hib, 'preciate it.
Maybe Ligenfelter or someone similar can do a new N'schleife time for us.
I've been checkin' out the Grand Sport - damn nice ride. It's on my short list if I can snare another job in mechanical engineering.
Thanks again and Happy Holidays!

not turning a profit??

So by using this statement you are saying that they sell the cars for less than it takes to build them?? ....... Or does it mean not making enough money as a whole or is it a numbers game where they don't sell enough cars?

I think it's more related to Corvette sales...they're in the toilet...so few that the car is, for the first time in a decade or more, not turning a profit.

As wonderful as that'd be, it's unlikely that GM will spend any more money marketing the ZR-1 with runs around the Nurburgring. The car has one maybe two more model years.

We will never again see cars like the Z06 or the ZR-1.

I assumed as much. Most, no none of the Chevrolet dealers in my area no longer have any 'Corvette Stock' on hand. And you have to wonder who, if anyone is left at General Motors Co. whom might be even interested in producing a "Sports Car" Save for the Corvette, all other attempts have only cost the company money without and real sales. I believe almost everyone who built the C5 are long gone and the present Corvette is in trouble if sold in California in future emissions regulations. The automotive world just isn't interested in a powerful sports car, at least not domestically speaking. ;help

So by using this statement you are saying that they sell the cars for less than it takes to build them?? ....... Or does it mean not making enough money as a whole or is it a numbers game where they don't sell enough cars?

Either one.

Back when Corvette built 35000-40000 units annually, the car made a profit for GM. It looks like MY09 might end-up with sales off about half. With those numbers, Corvette is a loser.

So, you can look at it as GM selling the cars for less than it takes per unit to turn a profit or you can look at it as GM not making enough money as a whole on Corvette.

At this point the only thing that will save the Corvette would be if it was bought by FORD.
Yes ford. Otherwise it will either die a slow painful death or bought by the Chinese/Koreans/Indians.
IMHO there is already a preview of a V6 Vette (Solstace/Sky).
They were so bad that they were trashed!!!
Do you really want that?? even with 1000HP??

NO I do not think a Saturn Corvette is a good idea lol. So if the mass production hurts so bad..........why cant they set up a assembly place at another plant and build them to order only? GM problem is they have so many plants that are for 1 automobile and Toyota and others build 7 or 8 cars at one plant..............therefore making a profit.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom