Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

C7 Rear “Camaro-esque”Design Poll

ASSUMING THE C7 DEBUTS WITH “CAMARO-ESQUE” TAIL LIGHTS, AS A CORVETTE OWNER, I…

• LOVE the rear design (improves the overall design and image of the new C7)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LIKE the design (time for a change)

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • am INDIFFERENT to the design (can take it or leave it)

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • DISLIKE the design (should keep the traditional “double circles” design )

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • HATE the rear design (will keep me from buying the new C7)

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dadman1950

Corvette
2012 GS Vert 2000 C5 FRC Pewter
Perhaps one of the most controversial designs on the newCorvette C7 has been the rumored “Camaro-esque” rear tail lights. :argue The issue has sparked deep feelings in manyCorvette enthusiasts to the extent that in another blog the controversy has gottenso heated that it has been responsible for more than one member to “unsubscribe”. :gtfo Though there has been no confirmation thatthe rumored rear is actually going to be the final design, many enthusiasts manybelieve it is a “done deal” and the C7 will be introduced on 1-13-13 with theCamaro-esque rear tail lights.:confused
On the subject of the presumptive rear design one sourcereported that GM decided on the “Camaro lights” to attract younger buyers,adding a more “modern” and “up to date” look to the traditional rear end of“America’s sportscar”. ;shrug So assuming that the rumors are true and the newC7 will debut with rear lights resembling the Camaro’s, let’s find out whatthose of you who own a Corvette actually think. :v Take the poll and then post yourcomments. Tell us if GM has hit a homerun with this design or struck out. Let’s send a message to GM what actual Corvette owners and potentialbuyers really think.
<o:p></o:p>
Take the poll and then post your comments: :w

ASSUMING THE C7DEBUTS WITH “CAMARO-ESQUE” TAIL LIGHTS, AS A CORVETTE OWNER, I…<o:p></o:p>
1. Lovethe rear design (improves the overall design and image of the new C7)
2. Likethe design (time for a change)
3. am Indifferent(can take or leave them)
4. Dislikethe design (should keep the traditional “double circles” design )
5. Hatethe rear design (enough to keep me from buying the new C7)

I hope this does not offend those who like the Caramo tail light upgrade. I guess there is an _ss for every seat huh?! If the Camaro-esque rear lights is a "done deal", then I'm done looking. :rotfl My wife and I passed on the C5 because of the _ss design (please, no offense intended) and I guess we can pass on this one too. We DID go for the CV vert however. If there will be a mod package to disguise the Camaro-look a bit then I might bite.

The gall.... seems like they'd take Corvette queues to the Camaro; not the other way around. If The General is attempting to appeal to a younger audience, more power to 'em. We ain't the younger audience anyway, but we have the bread to buy just the same.

I hope this does not offend those who like the Caramo tail light upgrade. I guess there is an _ss for every seat huh?! If the Camaro-esque rear lights is a "done deal", then I'm done looking. :rotfl My wife and I passed on the C5 because of the _ss design (please, no offense intended) and I guess we can pass on this one too. We DID go for the CV vert however. If there will be a mod package to disguise the Camaro-look a bit then I might bite.

The gall.... seems like they'd take Corvette queues to the Camaro; not the other way around. If The General is attempting to appeal to a younger audience, more power to 'em. We ain't the younger audience anyway, but we have the bread to buy just the same.

Uh, that would be C6, not CV. Where is my proof-reader!?

Uh, that would be C6, not CV. Where is my proof-reader!?

I believe there are quite a few who feel the same as you do. :D I share your sentiments on the fact that the new Corvette should not be taking their design cues from the Camaro. In another thread I said if i were the chief engineer on the C7 and a designer brought me a design using camaro rear lights (or for that matter any camaro design features) i would most likely transfer them :gtfo to the Truck Division before the day was

over!:r.

But I still have faith in the GM engineers and designers that this is only a clever diversionary design leak to keep those of us anticiapating the new Cy off balance and that those lights are NOT a "done deal". Wouldn't be the first time they used various techniques to keep the design under wraps. If you have read the book "All Corvettes Are Red" they kept every one off balance with what they said theC5 FRC was going to be and what is actually turned out to be. (BTW this is a great book for anyone who hasn't read it).

Let's hope that this is what they are doing.

I just have to see the whole car before I make a decision....I am not against change but it has to be done right.

I just have to see the whole car before I make a decision....I am not against change but it has to be done right.

The voice of reason. :thumb

Has anyone ever asked a Camaro devotee what he thinks of the new Camaro tail lights? They are nothing like the previous generation's, and more like the Vette's.

The original Vette had two tail lights, not four. I wonder how many 53 owners said they would never buy another Vette when they changed the number of tail lights.

My 86 has perfectly round tail lights. My 01 has OVAL tail lights. Somewhere in between, they squared the round tail lights off. I would have to look at a picture to be able to tell whether the C6 has round or roundish tail lights. I honestly don't know for sure. I'm guessing they must be round.

My point is, four round tail lights has never been a given in Corvette styling, and I don't remember there ever being such a rukus being caused by something so inconsequential as the shape of these lights.

There have been styling features on almost every car that I have owned that I didn't like, including my Vettes. Maybe the only car that I can't fault esthetically is the Aston Martin DB9.

Camaro rear end

If I wanted a camaro-esque vehicle, I would buy a Camaro. hate, Hate, HATE it. Nothing wrong with evolutionary design changes, but it should still be a Vette-inspired evolution, not a departure into some unchartered territories. A 911-type design evolution is what I would like to see from C7 design team when it's all said and done. But yeah, I am still going to buy it regardless :eyerole

If I wanted a camaro-esque vehicle, I would buy a Camaro. hate, Hate, HATE it. Nothing wrong with evolutionary design changes, but it should still be a Vette-inspired evolution, not a departure into some unchartered territories. A 911-type design evolution is what I would like to see from C7 design team when it's all said and done. But yeah, I am still going to buy it regardless :eyerole

Maybe I don't want to have a 911-type design evolution on the new Corvette! Maybe I would hate, Hate, HATE it. I would also argue that from 62 to 63 and from 67 to 68 were definitely a departure into some uncharted territories. You must have been one of those that didn't like the C6 fixed headlamps, but look at what you own. Chuck M

Last edited:
Maybe I don't want to have a 911-type design evolution on the new Corvette! Maybe I would hate, Hate, HATE it. I would also argue that from 62 to 63 and from 67 to 68 were definitely a departure into some uncharted territories. You must have been one of those that didn't like the C6 fixed headlamps, but look at what you own. Chuck M

To each his own, I guess. Just my humble opinion, that's all. I did like the fixed headlights BTW.

Ferrari doesn't keep the same look with each new car like Porsche does with the 911 but you sure know you are looking at a Ferrari.

I think the new Corvette needs to look like a Corvette. I'm not sure how that's supposed to work though but I know that a C1 looks like a Vette, a C2 looks like a Vette, a C3 looks like a Vette, a C4 looks like a Vette, a C5 looks like a Vette and a C6 looks like a Vette. Then again, we're all used to seeing these cars and know they are Vettes.

Whatever the C7 looks like, it will look like a Vette once everyone gets used to it.

Even if it is has Ferrari headlight cues and Camaro tail light cues. Although, I'm hoping that the tail lights have no real resemblance to the Camaro.

--
Everybody wants progress but nobody wants change.
Not all change is progress either.

Remember the last flap over a single detail?

When the C6 rolled onto the stage, the front license plate mounting had everyone's knickers in a knot. Don't hear much about that now.

When the C6 rolled onto the stage, the front license plate mounting had everyone's knickers in a knot. Don't hear much about that now.

Remember the big flap on the C5's big Butt? It's gone also.

Checking in from MO: Show Me

C7Logo.jpg

The Countdown to the New Corvette | 2014 Chevy Corvette Reveal | Chevrolet

I think that the exterior styling of the C7 will utimately be attractive to most of us. That being said, I think we need to be more concerned with what the General has done to the interior. I personally feel that the exterior (C6) already appeals to the masses including the younger crowd, however, the younger crowd that can afford one will require a much more upscale interior to win them over. I just took delivery of my second C6 Coupe, so the interior will be the deal maker or breaker for me if I am to trade in the future. I am new to late model Corvettes, so other than the interior, they are still fresh to me. I'll be waiting with great anticipation.

Growing old is manditory, growing up is optional!

I hear ya. :thumb I just would hate :mad to see Camaro lights on a Corvette but it is not a deal breaker for me. Many things can be overlooked as long as the "fun to drive" factor :happyanim: is high enough. Personally I have a C5 and a C6. I know the C6 is the far better car but I think the "fun to drive" factor :Steer has to go to the C5 - it requires more of your attention and involvement IMO. But regardless of the rear lights I believe the C7 will impress most Corvette enthusiasts.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom