Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

cags

Grumpysvette

Corvette
2000 coupe,2002 zo6
Just did the cheap mod with the 2.2k resistor to eliminate the skip shift.It works perfectly and was a piece of cake to install.Saved twenty bucks.Anybody can do it.

Ken

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
1987 Z51 Silver Coupe
It's nice to know that it is possible to accomplish something like that and save money too! :upthumbs

Maybe someone will ask you how you did it. ;)

_ken :w

R

rjsmith

Go to http://www.ls1.com/link_cags.html for instructions on how to install the resistor to defeat the dreaded CAGS. The site includes photos.

I bought the CAGS plug set from Corvette Central and installed it. It costs more but makes it a little more tidy. However, it is electrically identical to the 2.2K ohm ½ watt resistor you can get from Radio Shack for $0.97 USD (you actually get 4).

BTW, here is another link that explains how to stop the 1-to-4-Shift light from illuminating after you defeat the solenoid operation.

http://www.vettenet.org/cags.html

I don't intend to do what the site suggests. Once I realized that it wasn't a "You are out of oil stupid" light I learned to treat it as I do Mustangs and Boxsters.

Ray

Scissors

When I had a manual Trans Am with CAGS I ended up burning more gas, because I'd just stay in first until I was over 20 mph, no matter how slow I was taking off.

rwd

Corvette
Varies
Thanks for the information and link.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom