Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

CALLAWAY OWNERS GROUP w/in

*89x2*

This is just a name I threw out when discussing the Callaway Car owners assembling at Carlisle when the registry get's back up to motion. The name sounds like it has unity which , as Stan mentioned, we need to retain for support on these awesome vehicles. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Thoughts?

ps. What does everyone think about a LARGE tent for shading our Callaways & us? They are for rent, I understand

Let's go!! We need to know who is going to attend so the proper tent size can be reserved! Who's bringing a grill?

Sorry guys, I won't be able to make it. That's just too many dang miles. If the trip was 1,500 miles or less each way maybe.

What about trying for a reunion at the callaway site in Old Lyme.
Let reeves know that there cars are still popular.

I would consider an event at Old Lyme in the future but for now, Carlisle is the obvious choice. It is one of the largest Corvette events in America and w/ that as our backdrop we will have an attentive audience to drool over our cars and hopefull become interested and informed about the TT's and SN's Callaway has built.. And of course if there are any C12's they are more than welcome as well! What I am afraid of , is that at some point in my life, these cars will become forgotten (ok, so thats a slim chance) but here's the thing... Keep these cars in the forefront and there will remain a market and support from Callaway and some limited aftermarket suppliers. I do NOT want these cars to become a Delorean or Bricklin of the L 80's/90's...
What do you think?

Chris, that's an excellent point about the Delorean's and such. I'm a "car guy" so every time I see one on the street (very rare) I think back to the movie "Back to the Future". Does it mean that the Deloreans are worth anything? Don't think so! The car was never a really intended for high performance driving like the Callaway so maybe I'm comparing apples to oranges. But, you're point is still very valid. Those cars came and are gone. Joe Public probably never even heard of them at this point.

In a narrow and single incident type of way, my personal experience tells me that (unfortunately) the Callaway name is fading a little. Let me illustrate: The last 2 weekends we've had some trememndous weather, 50-60 degrees and tons of sun. I took my Callaway to a car audio specialty store that a couple child hood friends own. It's kinda rare that I see these guys, so I thought I'd swing in and show'em the Callaway. I parked the car in the front lot and it was visible from their showroom window. I go in and they ask "What kinda Vette is that?" "What kinda body kit is on it?" Now, these are guys that are heavily entrenched in installing sound systems from mild to wild in every car on the planet. And they don't recognize a Callaway Aerobody Twin Turbo when they see one? I said "Guys, you gotta be kidding me? You don't know what that is?"

Long story short, I explained it to them. When they heard "Twin Turbo" their eyes lit up a little and they kinda remembered hearing about them.

MORAL OF THE STORY: CARLISLE IS THE WAY TO GO !!! WHO WORKS FOR ABC, NBC, CBS ??? Let's get some serious coverage!!

supernatural400 said:
What about trying for a reunion at the callaway site in Old Lyme.
Let reeves know that there cars are still popular.

Actually, Reeves is one of the folks I have been discussing this with. He does support the idea personally. I cannot really elaborate at this time but, stay tuned...
Thank you for your support everyone! *89x2*

*89x2* said:
...Carlisle is the obvious choice. It is one of the largest Corvette events in America and w/ that as our backdrop we will have an attentive audience to drool over our cars and hopefull become interested and informed about the TT's and SN's Callaway has built...

I have to admit that just having the influx of all of you Callaway guys has gotten me more interested. Another programmer and I spent about an hour on the callawaycars website this afternoon checking out the ones listed for sale. I never realized that they were acutally not as e$$pensive as I thought;). Perhaps someday - hey, I can dream.

This is just a name I threw out when discussing the Callaway Car owners assembling at Carlisle when the registry get's back up to motion. The name sounds like it has unity which , as Stan mentioned, we need to retain for support on these awesome vehicles. Just thought I'd throw that out there. Thoughts?

ps. What does everyone think about a LARGE tent for shading our Callaways & us? They are for rent, I understand

Amazing to look back at this thread and think, it's near 15 years since the name, Callaway Owners Group, was born :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom