Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Owners - (with your car) How far would you travel to an event??

How far would you travel to an event??

• 100 miles - local only

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • 250 miles

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 500 miles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1,000 miles

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 1,500 miles - the long haul

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • 2,000 miles

• 2,500 miles

• 3,000 miles - across the country!

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Yes - Autocross!

• Yes - Dragracing!

• Yes - Roadracing!

• Total voters

*89x2*

Fellow Callaway Owners - as the coming months will certainly be exciting one for sure, I thought I would ask to maybe get a better handle on planning for 2007, how far would you go with your car to a show??

Also, if the show offered a low-speed autocross or drag racing, would that be of interest??

I know for Bloomington Gold in 2004, many of us shipped our cars - some even drove them :upthumbs

Thank you for participating in this poll - your feedback and thoughts/suggestions are welcomed & appreciated!
cog.gif

*****The poll is a multiple choice - if you would like to participate in autocross, dragracing, or both - you can select those IN ADDITION to the distance you would travel.
Thanks again! :beer

I think a Midwest location for a 20th Reunion would attract the highest number of Callaways EVER assembled in one place.

About 250 miles is the limit for me. Holland is around 250 miles from bottom to top so for us it looks much further then you guys in a big country.
But Carlisle would be great during a vacation, so that would be across the atlantic :D

Groeten Peter.

About 250 miles is the limit for me. Holland is around 250 miles from bottom to top so for us it looks much further then you guys in a big country.
But Carlisle would be great during a vacation, so that would be across the atlantic :D

Groeten Peter.

Peter, I wish you would come to Carlisle and see all what we have here - My good friend Bluewasp (Robert) has shown me pics from the Fame show over there - Nothing rivals Carlisle :cool

Somewhere towards the mid-west is on the list of venues that may play host to someting big in 2007 :cool

...stay tuned :beer
Hmmmmmmmmm..............................Bowling Green.................perhaps????

I have driven almost 1500 miles once before to Carlile from Fla, and I shipped my car for the Bloomington Special Collection.

To answer your question, if the event is significant enough, I would ship my car. And yes, the 20th anniversary reunion is sure to count as significant enough.

Peter, Carlisle gets 5K+ corvettes not to mention a good number of Callaways gathering. If you can spare the time and expense, it is worth it just to see corvettes as far as the eye can see :D.

See you all this weekend.

-Luigi
:cool

I have driven almost 1500 miles once before to Carlile from Fla, and I shipped my car for the Bloomington Special Collection.

To answer your question, if the event is significant enough, I would ship my car. And yes, the 20th anniversary reunion is sure to count as significant enough.

-Luigi
:cool

Luigi, I know what you mean - a significant show makes the expense & time of getting the car and yourself tot he show, well worth it!

I have shipped cars, trailered cars and even drove one of the Callaways to the Special Collection back in 2004 :cool

Looking to make the celebration as "central" as possible, somewhere w/ in 10-15 hrs from *most* owners (drive time). I know it may be difficult to get closer than that however, as pricey as fuel is, it may be more cost effective to simply ship the car and fly to the show :cool

Thanks - See ya @ the show :w

...hmmmm, not much interest in drag racing or an autocross event :confused

Any venues where they might have a road course? :)

It's all about time off from work, the event, the participants.....and which location in the bahamas the event is at ;)

PS When is a Callaway Calendar coming out?

I would do 1,500 miles. It's really tough to go any further and 1,500 is a big stretch in a C4 convertible.

It's all about time off from work, the event, the participants.....and which location in the bahamas the event is at ;)

PS When is a Callaway Calendar coming out?

Mark, I can certainly appreciate time & schedules :cool

Working on this idea, there will be sufficient notice of the dates to help folks get their travel plans in order :cool

Hope to see you there!

The calender - hmm... Maybe in time for the holidays?? ;)

Multiple Poll Choices apparently not taking...

I heard the poll only allows one vote - drop a PM, or post here your multiple choice if you would like to add any type of racing to the distance, and I will adjust/edit the numbers - Thanks for your vote - :m

Would you consider shipping your car and flying in, if the distance were a bit further??

It would be great to finally meet you! :beer

If I was rich by any stretch I probably would. There are several places I want to visit back East while touring in a vette but the trip out and back alone is a ton of time.

Sounds great!

Mark, I can certainly appreciate time & schedules :cool

Working on this idea, there will be sufficient notice of the dates to help folks get their travel plans in order :cool

Hope to see you there!

The calender - hmm... Maybe in time for the holidays?? ;)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom