Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway pictures w/in> feel free to add some to the thread

*89x2*

Here are a few pics I have come across...
(pics may be "remote linked" and are not claimed to be taken by me and are not necessarily mine or others who may contribute to this thread...
if the url or pic belongs to you and you would like to have it removed, please say so and that WILL be respected. )

Feel free to add more :)
LeMans Super Speedster w/ Hardtop
c7.jpg

CR1
cabtn.jpg

Speedster
csbtn.jpg

I met callaway95 today at LACR, at the WCCC season kick-off. I hope I have a picture of his Supernatural, I'm sure I took one at least. I'll post it when I get it off the media card and touched up if needed. (I just got back a little while ago.) ;)

_ken :w

did callaway do alot of modification to the body panels of the vettes the built?
when i look at the pictures of the callaway vettes, they always look years ahead of their times when it come to style when u compare it to just a plain 89 vette.
they are very beautiful cars .

Beautiful cars indeed :beer Callaway Corvettes all got some degree of body modifications... Some while they appear stock have the hoods underside modified for intercooler ducting (done on all of them from 1987-91) or, the 1987 NACA Ducts (the 2 triangles in the hood for ducting) or, various bodies with the most prevelant being, the Aerobody. The top car in the pics I posted is a LEMans body and VERY few ever received that package (with that car being the only speedster w/ the body as well as a roof panel)
The standard aerobody is shown on some others and includes, all new pieces for below "the belt line" of the car. Some peices replace others (such as the front and rr bumpers and f. side gills) while others (like over doors) are installed over existing panels.
Some cars also received different intercooler ducting by way of, "blisters" on the hood (Like 90Callaway's silver car here on the CAC) while others had their body "notched out" in the rear, for a center exit exhaust such as this >
93SNATrear.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the Callaway cars :) *89x2*

It is interesting to see differences throughout the model year(s)>

Here is a 1990 - Note: it has a flat hood...
(also, note the "flaps" in the wheel wells - I may do something like that on my 93 if I can get some decent ones <anyone else have them on theirs???>
239073437.113671404.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.565x383.jpg

Ken,

Nice to meet you yesterday @ LACR as well...... I don't think I got any photo's of my own car, but I do have some from the event.......

On the other note, I have a number of callaway photo's somewhere in my archives that I"ll have to dig-out. That photo of the LM speedster is the first I"ve seen of that car; is it technically considered an LM or a speedster?? or both???

callaway95 said:
That photo of the LM speedster is the first I"ve seen of that car; is it technically considered an LM or a speedster?? or both???

That photo is one I took back in 1997 at Corvettes@Carlisle. It is one of 2 "Super Speedsters" made (the first one was a lipstick red one used on the cover of the Callaway Catalog back in 92/93 and uses a twin oval port in the nose instead of the 4 like a normal Aero car would have {but not a wide 2 hole version like car # 89-010} and has the twin holes in the hood to exit airflow from the intercoolers)
The LeMans based one is not only the only LM based speedster but it is also the only one to have a hardtop fitted (out of the 12, err... 11 "completed" speedsters) The horsepower rating of that car is 766 and both Super Speedsters had LT5 Twin Turbo engines fitted.

95Callaway - looking forward to seeing your photo collection of these AWESOME cars :beer

EXcelllent...

I think we need to develop an organized library of production numbers, photo's, owner, options, etc.....

DAve

Dave, sorry, but I can't see any of yours amongst those I took yesterday. :eek:

I posted those of others in the drag racing thread though. ;)

_ken :w

Hey thanks for posting a pic of my car earlier. It was taken by D. Randy Riggs for Vette Magazine after my car was delivered to the Bloomington Gold show in June of '92. Here it is now:
crvtfrm.jpg

I found this magazine article from 91 about the Speedster at a car show a few weeks ago

OldZr-1Guy said:
Hey thanks for posting a pic of my car earlier. It was taken by D. Randy Riggs for Vette Magazine after my car was delivered to the Bloomington Gold show in June of '92. Here it is now:
crvtfrm.jpg

As always, NICE pic :) Did you get your car back from Rippe??

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom