Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Racing Cars.....Corvettes and Prototypes..

• Thread starter Thread starter critt99
  • Start date Start date
Major advancement on the models...

I have finally figured out how to make the clear lens for the LM hood. They came out sweet. Been working on this part for some time..mike

Corvette Fever SEP 94 LM Story

Chris, took me some time to find it, but here is an example of the mags you were refering to..This is most likely the best one...I can email it to ya if you want one.

LM 1/18th model is coming along...

Here is a shot of the rear and the master for the RW Wheels..Fender skirts and hood are ready...so close, but soooo far

Good look'n team..

Le Mans 2001...this was the only sunny day of the weekend!!

Nice pics and a good read. :beer

Is this the Blue Devil

I have heard rumors of a 600hp z06 in Germany

Like a blue one with black rims on the Nurburg or was it Hockenheim? :cool
Groeten Peter.

Here is the AutoWeek article...holy cow..

We hear 2005 Le Mans class winner Jan Magnussen is turning faster-than-Z06 laps in the Blue Devil at Nurburgring. (Photos by Bernd Rauh)

Blue Devil Lives!! When GM's vice chairman speaks of an ultra-performance Corvette, we listen

BOB GRITZINGER

Posted Date: 6/29/05

General Motors vice chairman Bob Lutz won’t confirm this car exists, but he is not saying it doesn’t. We first wrote about Chevrolet’s ultra-performance Corvette—dubbed Blue Devil, most likely to catch the attention of GM CEO and Duke Blue Devil grad Rick Wagoner—shortly before the sixth-generation Corvette debuted at the Detroit auto show in January (AW, Dec. 22 and 29, 2004). We asked Lutz about the car during a recent exclusive interview with AutoWeek.

“Let’s just say [Corvette chief engineer] Dave Hill is not a guy who likes playing second fiddle to any high-performance car on the road,” said Lutz. “My guess is we’re going to find a way to do something beyond the Z06, that would be at a much higher price point, and which would compete with some of the leading high-performance cars of the world.”

Lutz said the car may be delayed while the company focuses most of its engineering might on pulling ahead profit-making vehicles like its next-generation large sport/utilities and pickups.

“But there is certainly no lack of desire on anyone’s part to establish the supremacy of the Corvette,” says Lutz.

Spied on the Nurbürgring, Blue Devil appears to be living up to the earlier hype. Eyewitnesses said the car sounds supercharged, confirming reports the engine is likely a blown version of the Z06’s 7.0-liter V8, producing upward of 600 hp. Look for lightweight carbon fiber body parts to reduce weight to about 2900 pounds.

Pricing will likely start somewhere around $100,000 if and when the car makes production in 2006

Callaways in Scale.

Some Folks have asked about the different LM models. Here are the ones that I know of. First one is the Caddilac..AMR from France (Andre Marie RUF) this one was metal and lots of parts in 1/43 ( 3 inches long) unreal detail in this size. Second one is the Provence Moulage, very well done resin kit. The last of the 1/43 was Starter and it was a little cheesey but ok. Of the 1/24th (about 6-7 inches) kits I only know of one. The Scale Productions black Agusta LM-GT from the late 90's. This kit was produced in Germany and rumor is there were only 100 or so produced. It is based off of the AMT C4 Corvette and is mixed resin/metal. I found one on Ebay about 3 years ago, paid almost $ 300.00 for it and have not seen one since. There are no 1/18th scale LM's that I have seen. Here is the latest of my 1/18th conversion. It is still very RUFF..
P3241025.jpg
P3241021.jpg
P3241014.jpg
P3241011.jpg
P3241018.jpg
P3241016.jpg
P3241007.jpg
P3240989.jpg

OK..how do I get them stacked?

I think I need a class..

Speaking of Race cars.... A friend sent me this pic. Not sure who took it as it was not copyrighted but whoever did thanks!!!!

Brings back some great memories :upthumbs

-Luigi
:cool

anyone_know_these_guys_web.jpg

This would make a nice cover for a book on Callaway race cars?

Slide1.jpg

1/18th Scale LM prototype coming along.

The details are still a little rough, but the body is look'n good...Hope to have the first copy done around the first of the year..mike
P4241061.jpg

The Callaway BFGoodrich LM

These photos were given to me by the original photograher Ron Perry of Road and Track for fans of Callaways to enjoy. Thanx Ron...
twocarshot.jpg

LMinterior.jpg

wingLM.jpg

engine.jpg

Thanx Chris...too cool

Funny thing is that I picked it up two days ago but did not open it yet...wow.
If you look at the pic with the trophies on page 38, in the middle/right side there is a small silver Sledgehammer that I made for Ernst about 8 years ago. I am glad to see it is still there. Ernst is one of the nicest guys I have ever met. He is super. It is so nice to see CC still in the racing business.

Still my favorite...after all these years

There is just something about this car....
car2.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom