Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Racing Cars.....Corvettes and Prototypes..

• Thread starter Thread starter critt99
  • Start date Start date
It has a huge set of Antlers on the tail ??

The nose of the car looks like a big moose's nose? Like Joe Camel's nose looks like a big .....?

Big John, you are correct...I don't know anything about a chocolademoose...sounds like hair cream to me.

I can see the resemblance….it does look like the moose..
It must rain allot there, or you need satellite TV
Thanx Peter…..

Following the 1997 season, the LM-GT is sold to RTM Racing of Belgium

1998 FFSA GT Championship

Started in 1997 as a new series for GT cars by Patrick Peter, formerly of BPR, the FFSA GT was relatively successful with full grids and four separate classes, GT-1, 2,3,4. Regular players included Porsche 911, Ferrari F40, F355, F348, Venturi 600, Helem V6 and VBM 4000. The second year for the FFSA GT became the French Championship for GT cars and former BPR boss Stephane Ratel took command of the series and reduced the classes to three. Callaway Schweiz LM 004/95 competed as a non-classified car at Dijon for the first round. During the second race at Dijon, Kurt Huber started 9th in the GT2 class and finished 18th overall for Callaway Schweiz. Currently Urs Berwert of Switzerland owns Callaway LM 004/95.

1998 BELCAR Series

Originally, called the Carglass Cup, the BELCAR Series is an endurance series that finishes with a 24-hour race at the Zolder track. After the 1997 season LM-GT 003/95 was sold to Belgium racing team RTM and raced in the BELCAR Series for two years in the GT1 division and one year in the GTA division.

Car #7 Callaway LM-GT 003/95
Round 1- Zolder
Started 1st/ Finished 43rd GT1
Marc Vannerum/ Robert Dierick
Round 2- Spa
Started 3rd / 46th
Same drivers
Round 3- Spa
Started 7th/ 3rd
Same drivers
Round 4- Assen
Started 2nd/ DNF
Same drivers

Round 5- Zolder 24 Hours
Started 2nd/ DNF
Marc Vannerum/ Robert Dierick/ Eric Doncker
Round 6- Zolder
Started 20th / Finished 9th
Marc Vannerum/ Patrick Slaus

Finished 12th GT2 Division

1999 BELCAR Series GT1

Car #6 Callaway LM-GT 003/95
Round 1- Zolder
Started 8th / Finished 14th
Marc Vannerum/ Kurt Thiers

Round 2- Spa
Started 9th/ DNF
Same drivers

Round 5- Zolder
Started 17th / Finished 10th
Same drivers

2000 BELCAR Series GTA

Car #55 Callaway LM-GT 003/95
Round 8- Zolder
Start 8th / Finish 44th
Philip Daniels/ Kurt Their

You had to ask...

No, it was retired about 2001 in favor of some new Porsche GT3's. It is pretty amazing that it was compeitive for 5 years..Kurt Huber still races his LM 95 in Europe amature events...

I like the hood on that black LM, it looks more attractive than the normal LM hood to me.

I have sent many emails to the current owner, but he is not responding.

Thanx John, the one in the back is your car. I already have the paint. I am going to try and get the racer done asap. It may be June or July before I am done. Hope all is well with you...mike

Looks good. My Callaway C8 model has been put on hold until the end of this school semester. I just have too much I have to do, and I just got an additional job as well. Oh well, with the additional job, I may have enough to purchase a new computer next month, so that's cool.

MIA

Howdy Callaway folks, I have been low profile a lot lately. But, I have been spending many hours on the models to keep busy. I sent the first Z06-R to Ernst in Germany at Callaway Comp. The second went to Florida to a friend of Callaway and the third is nearing completion, will be going to Walt Thurn. Walt is the author and photogragher of several of the latest Callaway racing articles in Vette magazine. I am nearing completion of the second LM, this will be going to Florida. As you might not know, the first LM was destroyed in an ugly mishap...oh, well it was only 2 years of work, but who's counting!!!!! Fortunately, I made the mold before hand. LM number three is in progress, that will be Big John's and finally, the best part, My Aerobody is taking shape in prototype....I hope to make many of those. All of my cars are 1/18th (12 inches long).

If you are not aware, Callaway is racing again in Europe in the new FIA GT3 series in identically prepared Z06-R Callaway Corvettes. The first race in Silverstone was tough for many reasons. Here is a copy of Ernst's thought to me about the race....

Mike,
The weekend in Silverstone was very tough, as we had to finish 2 cars
on the track and the rollout was the official practice. We received the
engine wiring harnesses at the track.
Regarding this and all other circumstance we must be happy with the
fastest laptime plus that in the end all cars came home. What we
learned is, this is the most competitive racing we ever saw, lots of
quick drivers and the cars are very equal throu the penalties which
some of them have. we have to carry 90 extra kilos, only get hard tires
and have to run a restrictor. So, meanwhile it looke like we are one of
the slowest down the strsight, but the cars handle like a dream.
Hopefully it will get better.
See you....Ernst

P1010031.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010246.jpg

P1010245.jpg

P1010235.jpg

gt3_corvette_z06_01sr.jpg

gt3_corvette_z06_02.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom