Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Callaway Racing Cars.....Corvettes and Prototypes..

• Thread starter Thread starter critt99
  • Start date Start date
Incredible! I can't believe you've made so much progress while my Callaway C8 model has made no progress since my last update. In fact, it has met some unfortunate 'stacking' problem and has some body damage to unhardened clay. Just a little front end damage... shouldn't take more than a month to fix :crazy

The Aerobody has finally landed....

Here is the latest...The Aerobody #1 is coming along, but slow ( First issue is going to be 91-001 no less Old Lyme Green.....)...and the third and evolved Z06-R GT3 is caged and being suspended. GT3 #4 in the background is being disassembled and started. GT3 #4 is going to Carsport owner Koos. Who owns 3 of the 6 Callaway Z06-R GT3's.
PB231723.jpg

PB261805.jpg

PB261799.jpg

Nice video clip, and thanks for all the pictures. Good luck with your models.
Joe

I was trying to find a picture of a Callaway C7 on google to show a friend, but realized how crappy the internet is for pictures sometimes. I'm not sure where all I saved these pictures from, but I made some compilation pics. Enjoy.
callaway-c7r.jpg

callaway-c7.jpg

These models are awesome! Thanks for sharing. They are heavy solid works of art. They really are impressive!

LM-001 Gets her stripes....and I did not screw it up this time!

P1010106.jpg

Wow, they look great! I wish I had the time and energy to work on my C8, but all of this freelance design work I'm doing is draining me too much.

I found these while doing some searching on google for more C8 stuff. Any idea if this is one of those expensive LM model kits Critt?
CALLAWAY%20CORVETTE%20SUPERNATURAL%2051%20LM94-2.jpg

CALLAWAY%20CORVETTE%20SUPERNATURAL%2051%20LM94-1.jpg

GEEEEEZZZZZ!!!! I went to buy the 2006 Velocity Yellow for the Z06R and found out it is a 3 phase (base, mid and clear coat paint) and for 1 PINT it was $95 bucks....I was using a close can spray, but wanted to get the right color for the next one....Does it have frick'n plutonium in it?....

Brangeta..what happen to the pics?..I am putting together the answer to your question..

GT3 Report from Germany Callaway GT3 Z06R's Awesome!

GT3 Race 2 Report

Monday, 03 July 2006 While the third round of the FIA GT3 European Championship was all about the Dodge Vipers, the fourth race showed that another car could in fact win the race overall, even under unusual circumstances.

race2start.jpg
James Ruffier started from the pole under bright and sunny skies at the Oschersleben circuit. The Corvette pilot began to pull away from Marcello Zani in the BMS Aston Martin with Marc Sourd and longtime Corvette stalwart John Heinricy not too far behind. On lap 8, the American Corvette pilot overtook Marc Sourd to claim third place. Just a few laps later, the Ascari assault, headed by Andrew Thompson, came to an end when his supercar went straight on a kerb, damaging the machine. More incidents occurred on track including Diego Alessi in the AF Corse Maserati which slapped the way.
race2vette.jpg
Midway though, all the pilots came in to hand over to their co-drivers for the remaining thirty minutes in the sixty minute race. However, the Riverside Corvette of Thierry Rabineau, after taking over from Ruffier, still led with Massimiliano Mugelli in second in his BMS Aston Martin. However, in the final minutes of the race, the leader was given a stop-go penalty for starting the engine with assistance. Rabineau did not come in to serve his penalty thus giving himself a 30 second time penalty at the end of the race, demoting him to third. So even though the Corvette crossed the line first, it was the BMS Aston Martin of Marcello Zani and Massimiliano Mugelli taking the top honors the first overall win for Aston Martin in the series, with the sister DBRS9 of Toni Seiler and Franco Groppi making it a BMS 1-2.

race223.jpg
"I've done the maximum with my car during all my stint,” said Marcello Zani. “I would like to thank my team for their excellent work, and that's what made the difference. The other Aston Martin teams were not as fast as us, so I am very happy for my team."
"When I joined the race, I had about 20 seconds delay!,” explained Massimiliano Mugelli. “I did everything I could, I drove very fast (faster is not possible I think!). At the end of the race, there was only a two-second gap between Thierry and me ! Of course, this performance wouldn't have been possible without the hard work of my team. I would also like to thank Marcello for his performance."
Even with the penalty, Ruffier and Rabineau were the first Corvette home, in third place, with the best Dodge Viper being the seventh place finishers of Patrick Bornhauser and Jean-Luc Blanchemain. The Porsche Cup was claimed by Sean Edwards and Dimitris Deverikos in the Tech9 machine, their second top Porsche finisher of the season to date. AF Corse’s best Maserati came home twelfth.
race224.jpg
"The race was very good for us,” said James Ruffier. “I think that a lot of people had problems during the race, with their engines or tyres, but we avoided that, luckily. Since Silverstone we had a lot of problems with our car. The mechanics spent a lot of time fixing the car, so I am also very happy for them. I would also like to thank Corvette who has been very reactive technically. It was a big deal for them because they arrive late in the championship, but they managed to do a very good job!
" We made a careful race,” said Patrick Bornhauser. “We were on the 9th position on the starting grid, so it was not very easy at the beginning. I followed Marc Sourd during a big part of my stint, but he didn't open to let me pass, even if I was faster than him. When I got into the pits, I was fifth. We did the driver change pretty well because Jean-Luc came back to the race in the third position. It was really hard to drive our Viper this week-end because of the front axle. We have a lot to do to improve that mechanical point. At the moment, it is impossible for us to fight against the Corvette."
race2oidunm.jpg
Stefano Livio and Andrea Ceccatto won the first race of the weekend but only came home fifth in race two. Nevertheless, the Racing Box Viper duo take the lead in the driver championship heading into rounds five and six at Spa in three weeks’ time. With still three weekends left in the innaugrual season, much can change!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom